The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 2 (Amazon Prime | August 29) - update (08/14): Official Trailer

TwinIon

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

The one big problem the show has is a sense of scale and time. People just kind of teleport when the plot needs it, and ultimately makes the world feel small 

That’s my point - the “teleporting” is happening over days/weeks, but the show bounces as if it’s been a couple minutes. It does an awful job of displaying the passage of time even though it is indeed happening.

The best example is in this latest episode: Celebrimbor notes it’ll take at least a few days to finish the nine, yet the show makes it seem it took a few hours. That siege was likely going on for weeks.

I guess it’s something that’s difficult to properly display in this medium without adding tons of traveling scenes that do nothing for the story or putting notations about time passage (which people would also complain about :p ), but it just feels extra bad here for some reason 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

One major complaint I have with the show is that it does a very poor job of noting how much time has passed.

Yep, this is probably my biggest issue. This season has felt fast, but doesn't match the actual progression of time.

The season is moving too fast, there's no question. I think the bigger problem is plotlines move at different speeds. For some reason when the show needed to make sure Galadriel and Elrond wanted to get to Eregion to warn Celebrimbor about Sauron, it takes them forever to leave Lindon and then forever to get there. Meanwhile, Sauron and Celebrimbor shuttle back and forth to Khazad-Dum with ease, make 7 rings for Dwarves, and more, all after the elves try to leave Lindon knowing it's urgent. That just doesn't make sense.

But it's a small complaint with a show I initially thought would be terrible.

• True 1