The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 2 (Amazon Prime | August 29) - update (08/14): Official Trailer

TwinIon

On 7/27/2024 at 7:30 AM, Chris- said:

I generally liked the Rings of Power, but it was all forgettable enough that by the time this new season drops, I'll really need that season 1 recap at the beginning to be really good.

Doesn't help that a lot of big budget series tend to go 2 or even 3 years between seasons these days (Rings of Power was almost exactly 2 years ago)

Makes me wonder about the Harry Potter series on HBO. If they do that, the kids they cast will be like 30 by the time the series wraps.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 2 (Amazon Prime | August 29) - update (08/14): Official Trailer
On 8/14/2024 at 2:34 PM, Fizzzzle said:

I wish they were able to keep Joseph Mawle. Dude's a Tucci.

Agreed, he did a great job. I will say though that it it does kind of play into the mythology to replace him, since Sauron was known for changing his appearance to deceive the elves. Changing out the actor entirely will make that more obvious than maybe some cheesy makeup would have. :p 

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.ROTTENTOMATOES.COM

Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested...

Anyone getting ready for this?  Some episodes are dropping tomorrow. Season 2 is at 81% RT.

• Thanks 1

Season One was kind of a mess, but overall I enjoyed it and feel like it got way way way too much hate.

I'm hoping they learned a lot from the response to season 1 and hopefully tightened it up a bit. I guess we'll see.

I'm looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

He better be blue dadadeedittydo badadadeeditty doo 

I'd like it to be a blue wizard, but given the marketing motivation and the clues we do have, I'm guessing Gandalf.

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’ll have to revisit at least a few episodes of season 1. My dumb brain can’t handle multi-year gaps in between seasons.

Same. I really enjoyed season 1 and I don’t remember shit. I 100% had completely forgotten about the wizard and “not hobbits” storyline lol. Gotta watch a YouTube recap or something. 

28 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Same. I really enjoyed season 1 and I don’t remember shit. I 100% had completely forgotten about the wizard and “not hobbits” storyline lol. Gotta watch a YouTube recap or something. 

I remember N-nothing important. That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, and a Dark Lord, and something about the end of the world, but...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t know why people shit on S1. It had way more good than bad. :p 

Mostly racists who hate that there's a black elf, though I do understand some criticism. Galadriel was kind of a shit protagonist for most of the season.

It does annoy me that there are a ton of people who think that black or brown people are only allowed in middle earth if they're evil. Because Tolkien based middle earth strongly on bretonic and Anglo-Saxon myth (the rohirrim literally just speak old English), that means it's OURS, dangnabbit. Can't have people of color in our made up fantasy world that does not and has never existed. 

I wonder why the backlash has been so strong compared to the Witcher.

First episode was good! My wife and I will probably watch the next episodes today. She's also hooked and we almost powered through an additional episode last night, but it was late and she has stuff she had to do this morning so we decided to be adults.

• Hype 1

We also caught the first episode (but not before a Season 1 recap video), and I think it was very good. This show continues to look as expensive as it is, with it's top tier production design and visual effects. The cinematography is quite good for TV as well. The opening backstory was interesting, though it does leave me with some questions. I have to admit that sometimes the timelines and geography can get confusing, but I think I'm getting most of it. 

Amazon has a recap? How long is it? Is it any good? I was gonna watch some on YouTube before starting this, but maybe I can just go straight to the source.

A lot of times I like to rewatch season one for something like this, but I don't think I have the time or energy right now.

It would be great if shows had 30 minute season recaps for every season they put out.

8 hours ago, ort said:

Amazon has a recap? How long is it? Is it any good? I was gonna watch some on YouTube before starting this, but maybe I can just go straight to the source.

A lot of times I like to rewatch season one for something like this, but I don't think I have the time or energy right now.

It would be great if shows had 30 minute season recaps for every season they put out.

There is a recap, but you'd be better off Youtubing a more detailed one.