What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

I have Pokémon Shining Pearl but man I wanna get Brilliant Diamond as well. I want all the Pokies in my collection. But $60 for that is questionable. They never put these games on sale. 

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

I have Pokémon Shining Pearl but man I wanna get Brilliant Diamond as well. I want all the Pokies in my collection. But $60 for that is questionable. They never put these games on sale. 

Is brilliant diamond a separate game you mean?

- Selaco. Fantastic mix of old school and new school shooter. It's surprisingly long, but I'm working my way through it.

- 9 Sols. Hard as fuck, but its hooks are starting to sink into me.

- Mullet Madjack. I "finished" this in an afternoon. Might go back for harder difficulty. Pretty fun. Love the vibe. But buy it on the cheap.

- Roller Drome. Haven't played yet. Got on sale.

- Say No! More. Haven't played yet. Got on sale.

- The Ascent. I've wanted this one for a long time, but its had horrible game breaking bugs, so I held off. Finally got it on the sale. Haven't played it yet. Hopefully the bugs are not as bad as they were.

- Shadow War. Enjoyed the first. Got this one on the steam sale. Haven't played it yet.

I'm probably going to buy more games on the steam sale, because it's a really good sale this year. Reminds me of steam sales from 10 years ago.

I got some Jpn ps1 games recently. I'll post them when I'm a little less busy but the main thing I came here to talk about was putting down a pre-order for the Hyrule Switch Lite. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a backup switch. :drool:

spacer.png

• Hype 2

• 2 weeks later...

They have arrived. Man import tax was a lot but also yeah I did buy way too much (ignore that 4 more Neo CD games are on their way to me).

spacer.png spacer.png

Also, here are some random PS1 games I got from suruga-ya. I technically didn't need RR1 because R4 has it on the 2nd disc but I still just wanted a copy of the original. Plus they're all pretty cheap. Of the set, there are 3 games I've never played before: Dragon Valor, Destrega, & Tricky Sliders. I know DV is kind of meh but it looks interesting and the discs are quite pretty.

spacer.png

• Halal 2
  • Hype 2

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ridge Racer 4 wasn't a double disc box in Japan?

It is double disc and my copy has both. The bonus disc is a little different but does contain the org Ridge Racer 30/60fps.

I just got a copy of the original because it’s iconic to me with a lot of memories. I’d love to one day also get the US long box version but any I’ve found locally were not in good shape. This JP copy was like 1,000 yen (under $10).

12 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It is double disc and my copy has both. The bonus disc is a little different but does contain the org Ridge Racer 30/60fps.

Well I meant like the US case double disc style which was like the thickness of 3 or 4 cases. The Japanese one just looks like a normal case. :p

(and yes I realize there are skinny cases that can have two discs in them)

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I meant like the US case double disc style which was like the thickness of 3 or 4 cases. The Japanese one just looks like a normal case. :p

(and yes I realize there are skinny cases that can have two discs in them)

Ah, actually it is thicker than a normal case (about the height of 2 stacked up). It’s not the same as US double cases but I quite like the Japanese case. I’ll post some more pictures of it later today.

• Halal 1

@Keyser_Soze Sorry for the delay but some photos of the Japanese double CD case. I have seen a few games use this that were on single cd but had a very thick manual. 

spacer.png spacer.png

I also took a photo of Dragon Valor to show off the nice artwork on it's discs.

spacer.png

• stepee 1

ClR4Xg5.jpeg

Another semi-big month for me.  $18 for Kirby, $10 on Fanatical Bundle, and $8 on Humble Choice.  I took the coupon to lock in 6 month at $8.  I figured that Plauge's Tale 2 and Ghostrunner 2 were the sort of games I'd pay a decent chunk for anyways, so I can roll the die.  There's bound to be something decent before the end of the year.  Might give away some keys here if I get duplicates.

On 7/31/2024 at 2:06 PM, crispy4000 said:

$8 on Humble Choice.  I took the coupon to lock in 6 month at $8.  I figured that Plauge's Tale 2 and Ghostrunner 2 were the sort of games I'd pay a decent chunk for anyways, so I can roll the die.  There's bound to be something decent before the end of the year.  Might give away some keys here if I get duplicates.

This month’s update actually worked out great for me.  I don’t actually have Gotham Knights, High on Life, or Sifu yet.  Astral Ascent is highly rated and will be worth a look.  Blacktail looks intriguing.

So that’s roughly $7 a pop for the 7 games I’m interested enough in already, with 4 bundles left to go.  Not bad at all.

• Hype 1

Only Death must Die and its really been fantastic! Got well over 15 hours into it and I'm really loving this cheap still in early access halls of torment clone! The first few hours are a slog but will rapidity start to all start to click with different builds and gear for every character. I'm hooked but its still lacking as its early access. Halls of torment was also early access and its my game of the year for 2023.

spacer.png

Last batch of Neo CD games showed up. I'm going to try avoiding getting any more until I've played through all the NG games I've picked up recently. As it stands I've nearly got half of all Neo CD games released (bar from some Pixel Heart re-releases).

-update-

the naked gun facepalm GIF

It didn't occur to me till just right now that I bought Art of Fighting 2 twice. I don't know why I forgot I bought it already from the last set. It's the second duplicate I own (the other being SamShow 3).

So uh this is bundle is a little nutty? @crispy4000

WWW.HUMBLEBUNDLE.COM

From Phoenix Wright to Final Fight, this bundle is packed with Capcom classics to get you through the blazing summer. Pay what you want and help charity!

I try to own most Capcom stuff on Steam as it is and was surprised of there were still 5 games I wanted there and found it a great value with just those. 

Beat em Up Bundle, Fighting Game Collection (which never seems to get a good sale and I especially wanted that one), Ghost Trick (another I really wanted but hadn’t seen a good price yet), and Dragons Dogma (I had thought of giving it a try on deck before) and Great Attorney Chronicles which I heard good things about for $30 Yes please!

And as a side bonus this means I have copies of the Street Fighter games, the Dead Rising games, and I’m guessing of most interest, Ace Atorney Trilogy HD. 

So just @ me if you want any of those - first come first served but it’ll be tomorrow because I skipped an hour ahead again and it’s 12:30am here already. I mean, unless you are crazy quick cuz I’m gonna smoke some more and try to download some of these.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

So uh this is bundle is a little nutty? @crispy4000

WWW.HUMBLEBUNDLE.COM

From Phoenix Wright to Final Fight, this bundle is packed with Capcom classics to get you through the blazing summer. Pay what you want and help charity!

I try to own most Capcom stuff on Steam as it is and was surprised of there were still 5 games I wanted there and found it a great value with just those. 

Beat em Up Bundle, Fighting Game Collection (which never seems to get a good sale and I especially wanted that one), Ghost Trick (another I really wanted but hadn’t seen a good price yet), and Dragons Dogma (I had thought of giving it a try on deck before) and Great Attorney Chronicles which I heard good things about for $30 Yes please!

And as a side bonus this means I have copies of the Street Fighter games, the Dead Rising games, and I’m guessing of most interest, Ace Atorney Trilogy HD. 

So just @ me if you want any of those - first come first served but it’ll be tomorrow because I skipped an hour ahead again and it’s 12:30am here already. I mean, unless you are crazy quick cuz I’m gonna smoke some more and try to download some of these.

I've never played an Ace Attorney game, if you've got interest in giving that one away.  Otherwise, the bundle doesn't really tempt me, I've spent too much lately.  It's looks like a good value though, even if the tiers are steep.

I wish Square would do something like this.  Bundle all those half complete games they launched too close together.

I realized that thanks to the crazy Capcom humble bundles this year, I now own pretty much all the late 80s/90s Capcom arcade games on Steam once the Vs collection comes out. So I picked up Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara to further complete it. $3.50 on cdkeys. 

I also accidentally bought it twice cuz I thought the first didn’t go through so if anyone wants a copy just @ me

I believe all I’m missing now since they aren’t on Steam yet that I can think of are those Jojo CPS3 fighters, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Alien vs Predator, and Saturday Night Slam Masters 2 as far as the 2D stuff.

Then I guess we need a Capcom 3D fighting Collection with the EX games, Power Stone 1/2, Rival Schools, Project Justice, and I think a couple others I’m forgetting 

cdkeys has some good prices on some classic collections so I picked more of those up.

$12 for TMNT Collection seemed solid, $3.50 for Contra. Megaman and Megaman X and Megaman Zero collections were about $25 on cdkeys for all 5 collections and thus almost all side scrolling Megaman. $14 for Castlevania Anniversary and Advance collections. I love getting this stuff legit on Steam when the prices are actually right.