What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

Batman announcement got me hype to dive back into Meta3 and I saw Star Wars Galaxy Tales or whatever + its expansion for $11 so I picked that up and EP3 of Vader for $3 (it’s an early May the 4th..sigh..sale) and Max Mustard which seems awesssommmmeeeee so far. Pretty hyped to play more of that one. Finally some more good VR platforming.

I also picked up The Quiet One on Steam for $2 via GMG sale. Worth it just for the novelty looks horrible.

Ugggg... The Yen exchange rate is so damn good right now. It's made spending time on Yahoo auctions dangerous. I ended up winning 5 of 6 auctions I put a bid on for some neo geo cd games that I didn't expect to win (though I would be outbid). So I've got Ninja Combat, Galaxy Fight, Double Dragon, League Bowling & Art of Fighting 2 waiting at a proxy for me. The 1 game I lost out on was Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash which went for a lot more than I was expecting. I've also been grabbing stuff from suruga-ya since they're doing free shipping atm. =/

• Hugs 1

Neat, my stuff from suruga-ya showed up on Friday. I mainly made the order to get the Fatal Fury 2 Special manual (my AES copy of the game is missing the manual) as the price wasn't bad and they were doing a free shipping promotion. It's a shame I didn't make this order a few weeks back during another promotion when they had the World Heroes 2 Jet manual in stock (the only other AES manual I need). Since I was making the order I decided to throw a few minor things in that were cheap that I wanted (I knew of and always wanted to play the Dynasty Warriors ps1 fighting game). I will definitely order again from them when they do another free shipping promotion as I only spent $50 Canadian (before import tax) for all of this.

spacer.png

Yes, I know the Taiko no Tatsujin/Taiko Drum Master 3DS game was ported to Switch. I just wanted the 3DS copy because I had the other one for 3DS (which was also ported to Switch).

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

Remember how I said I would buy something again if they did another free shipping promotion... Yeah, they did another one at the start of the week and it just arrived today. I think I'll take a break from them for now (mainly because most of their Neo CD stuff is a bit overpriced but in this case, the price for these was pretty fair plus I saved on expensive shipping). I'd say expect more Neo Geo CD content from me this year as it will be my main retro focus for the rest of the year, it's also the system I currently have setup on my CRT at the moment.

spacer.png

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

Man this weak yen and yahoo auctions is getting dangerous. I need to stop soon.

Latest Neo Geo CD updates:

* Lost out on 3 games recently (King of Monsters 2, KoF98 & Gangan. Last two were cheap and KoM went for $100. Still considering the cheaper ones from other auctions ending soon).

* Picked up 3 more today (Ninja Commando, Top Hunter & Super Baseball 2020).

* Picked up 2 more yesterday (Soccer Brawl & Real Bout 2).

* There is also the 5 others I talked about previously waiting with the proxy).

I’m eyeing another 2/3 games ending over the next few days then calling the quits for now. I’m enjoying expanding my Neo CD library after all these years but I think I’ve done enough for a while. These use to be cheaper but the prices have been climbing on some games. 

Umm.. I've overdone it on Yahoo. I will stop now. I added 6 more games to the list, sure great deals on most of them but I think I've got too much now and I just need to let the last batch arrive, have them combined into a single order then get them shipped out.

The complete list (16)

Spoiler

Last Blade

Last Blade 2

King of Fighters 97

King of Fighters 98

Sonic Wing 2
Gangan

Ninja Commando

Top Hunter

Super Baseball 2020
Soccer Brawl
Real Bout 2

Art of Fighting 2

League Bowling

Double Dragon

Ninja Combat

Galaxy Fight

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

Crystar

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons

Hammerwatch II

Miraculous: Rise of the Sphinx

The Pathless

Protodroid Delta

Signalis

Stray

Syberia: The World Before

That Double Dragon game is real good! 

While I love playing on the CRT I have, it does take up a lot of space and a recent reno on my condo (converting some space for a 3rd room) has reduced some of the space I have to work with. So I finally picked up some Rad2x cables. I probably didn't need the PS1/PS2 cable since I have a BC PS3 but I worry about that system dying on me over a ps1 and I want to get back into playing more ps1 games. I was mainly interested in the Genesis cables & converter for NeoGeo(CD).

spacer.png

P.S., I'm still waiting on my massive box of NeoCD stuff. I end up having it shipped by boat which will probably show up early next month.

4 minutes ago, chakoo said:

While I love playing on the CRT I have, it does take up a lot of space and a recent reno on my condo (converting some space for a 3rd room) has reduced some of the space I have to work with. So I finally picked up some Rad2x cables. I probably didn't need the PS1/PS2 cable since I have a BC PS3 but I worry about that system dying on me over a ps1 and I want to get back into playing more ps1 games. I was mainly interested in the Genesis cables & converter for NeoGeo(CD).

spacer.png

P.S., I'm still waiting on my massive box of NeoCD stuff. I end up having it shipped by boat which will probably show up early next month.

All the games you got were neocd right not MVS? Any thoughts on the neocd 8bitdo gamepad? Is the neocd really the same as the ngp/ngpc pad? I only have experience with the latter.

Just now, stepee said:

All the games you got were neocd right not MVS? Any thoughts on the neocd 8bitdo gamepad? Is the neocd really the same as the ngp/ngpc pad? I only have experience with the latter.

In my previous post, those were all Neo CD as I wanted to build out that library as the games are much much much cheaper. I do have an MVS but mostly have common cheap games and I've nearly exhausted what I can get in the sub $100 range. I do want to grab 2/3 more MVS games but holding out a little longer (Real Bout 1, Sham Sho 3, & Kof97). After those I'll probably give up on MVS as I can't justify $200+ games when I'm not into shelf candy (I don't display my collection).

I have not gotten the NeoCD 8bitdo controller yet but I do love their Genesis pads (Mainly as I don't have any NG BT receivers so they wouldn't be much use to me). The NeoCD & NGP pads are a little bit similar but not quite, yet normal pads just aren't a good substitute for the actual NeoCD/NGP controller.

Just now, chakoo said:

In my previous post, those were all Neo CD as I wanted to build out that library as the games are much much much cheaper. I do have an MVS but mostly have common cheap games and I've nearly exhausted what I can get in the sub $100 range. I do want to grab 2/3 more MVS games but holding out a little longer (Real Bout 1, Sham Sho 3, & Kof97). After those I'll probably give up on MVS as I can't justify $200+ games when I'm not into shelf candy (I don't display my collection).

I have not gotten the NeoCD 8bitdo controller yet but I do love their Genesis pads (Mainly as I don't have any NG BT receivers so they wouldn't be much use to me). The NeoCD & NGP pads are a little bit similar but not quite, yet normal pads just aren't a good substitute for the actual NeoCD/NGP controller.

hmm I think I’ll probably gamble on that neocd gamepad - does it still make an audible click?

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

hmm I think I’ll probably gamble on that neocd gamepad - does it still make an audible click?

Yep it has switches inside for the stick. It’s not like the crap analog stick version snk put out a few years ago for the neo geo mini.

• stepee 1

ooooo I love that kyo 97 design

612J1ge+2xL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Had delivery for tomorrow - this makes more sense now that I have a pc hooked to my bedroom tv. I just hope it really clicks into those angles all snappy.

• Hype 1

6 hours ago, stepee said:

ooooo I love that kyo 97 design

612J1ge+2xL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Had delivery for tomorrow - this makes more sense now that I have a pc hooked to my bedroom tv. I just hope it really clicks into those angles all snappy.

Let us know how it is 

16 hours ago, Biggie said:

Let us know how it is 

The gamepad is great! I really like it and especially for its price it’s probably worth it if you are a neogeo fan at all. What’s nice is it does 2.4/bluetooth/and usb. And while it does not list ios as supported, it works perfectly with my ipad.

Was playing some X-men vs SF with it and it was great. The click is super satisfying though ngpc click is still better, but it’s real nice feeling. If this was 6 face buttons it would be the perfect fighter pad for me. But it’s still pretty good for Capcom and of course absolutely excellent for Neogeo.

Now my only issue is for some reason I am struggling getting my neogeo roms to run on retroarch ipad and that would just be the absolute best to get going. My fba set is running fine for other arcade games but Neogeo keeps failing idk why. Same set works on my pcs and deck.

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

The gamepad is great! I really like it and especially for its price it’s probably worth it if you are a neogeo fan at all. What’s nice is it does 2.4/bluetooth/and usb. And while it does not list ios as supported, it works perfectly with my ipad.

Was playing some X-men vs SF with it and it was great. The click is super satisfying though ngpc click is still better, but it’s real nice feeling. If this was 6 face buttons it would be the perfect fighter pad for me. But it’s still pretty good for Capcom and of course absolutely excellent for Neogeo.

Now my only issue is for some reason I am struggling getting my neogeo roms to run on retroarch ipad and that would just be the absolute best to get going. My fba set is running fine for other arcade games but Neogeo keeps failing idk why. Same set works on my pcs and deck.

Oh, I’m an idiot. I probably should have thought about it further before transferring around so much data. It’s fine with my romsets it just wanted the neogeo.zip bios. I put that in the retroarch downloads folder and system folder and now it’s butter and I have the full Neogeo set on my ipad to play with this gamepad. Good shit. 

Also it’s super light and comfy!

On 6/27/2024 at 4:55 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

On the subject of controllers the right bumper on my Xbox controller went out so I gotta order a replacement. It's only 10 bucks but still annoying.

Well since all of you were SO concerned over this, I just finished doing this. Takes 20 - 25 minutes depending on how good you are at prying off the sides of the controller. After that it's pretty easy, just unscrewing the screws. It became very apparent what went wrong and how the bumper would feel like mush. the bumpers are supposed to be connected at the top and the piece on the right broke off which made the bumper unresponsive.

Tested it out, they work. Perhaps it feels more sensitive and less clickier but it's as responsive as if it were working normally. Microsoft sells the parts as well but it doesn't come with the tools and is $10 more. Seems dumb.

This is the part I used FYI in case you run into this problem

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YCYPPJZ

• Shocked 1

None. Now that Best has stopped buying me games I’ll never be able to purchase any new games ever again for the remainder of my life. In fact I’m giving up gaming as a hobby and going to start collecting rocks that I find outside in my yard. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

None. Now that Best has stopped buying me games I’ll never be able to purchase any new games ever again for the remainder of my life. In fact I’m giving up gaming as a hobby and going to start collecting rocks that I find outside in my yard. 

:rose:

Oh, I forgot to mention I recently got Rhapsody Marl Kingdom Chronicles on Switch since it was on sale. I'm also pre-empting with that I pre-ordered "The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak (switch)" because Amazon had it $10 cheaper and is due out on the 5th. I've realized I've been buying a lot of NISA published games but also concerned it's not going to be around in a few years (NIS Japan is in pretty dire situation).

Lawl. I was looking at yahoo auctions again a few days ago and marked some Neo CD games to keep an eye on. I ended up winning 4 of them this morning. Luckily I got a better price for them now than what they sold for when I bought up Neo CD games last time. I ended up with Windjammers, Burning Fight, ASO2 & Art of Fighting 2.

I think I need to start building a list of what I don't have for Neo CD now as I think there is a good chance I end up with a near-complete set (No way in hell will I be able to afford Neo Turf Masters).

• Hype 1

20 hours ago, chakoo said:

Lawl. I was looking at yahoo auctions again a few days ago and marked some Neo CD games to keep an eye on. I ended up winning 4 of them this morning. Luckily I got a better price for them now than what they sold for when I bought up Neo CD games last time. I ended up with Windjammers, Burning Fight, ASO2 & Art of Fighting 2.

I think I need to start building a list of what I don't have for Neo CD now as I think there is a good chance I end up with a near-complete set (No way in hell will I be able to afford Neo Turf Masters).

Windjammers!

• stepee 1