Xbox One S WiFi stopped working completely last night

BuckFly

18 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

contact them anyway they might beable to make an exception and extend coverage. It is worth a shot. But don't call them demanding they fix it just call looking for help.

You are absolutely right, and I was planning on that, but also...no worries, I absolutely wouldn't go in with guns ablazin'.  I still want to check with xbox at lunch if I have some time.  If nothing works I will call and ask, or possibly even stop by at my local Best Buy.  It is really close.

Hell, Rodi and Pika, if they will still take it I may even just do the upgrade if they would be willing to do an upgrade.

Edit:  btw, not one problem ever with this X1S...she's been good.

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I had a similar issue with the Xbox One X and a hard reboot fixed it 

I have had this issue with my Xbox one x in my living room. I just hard reboot and the wifi comes back on. Funny thing is it used to happen all the time now it is rare that the wifi isn't working.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The def star said:

I have had this issue with my Xbox one x in my living room. I just hard reboot and the wifi comes back on. Funny thing is it used to happen all the time now it is rare that the wifi isn't working.

Maybe it was a software issue they fixed with an update. My Xbox in my bedroom used to do it all the time too. I've wired it since, but maybe they fixed it.

21 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

My One X acts like the Wifi does not work from time to time. I just choose the reboot option from system option, which is the same as a hard power cycle of the system. When it finishes booting back up it connects to my wifi again. 

I had that issue for a while, literally had to restart once a day. Saw somebody suggest increasing the DHCP lease time on the router, which fixed my problems.

12 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

My One X acts like the Wifi does not work from time to time. I just choose the reboot option from system option, which is the same as a hard power cycle of the system. When it finishes booting back up it connects to my wifi again. 

I should have done that.

i ended up unplugging the Xbox, after which it worked fine.

I'm glad it is find, but was almost hoping for a trade in.

• stepee 1

On August 24, 2018 at 1:33 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

The Wifi on my O.G. Xbox One seems to be spotty at best... I have all of my consoles wired though now except for the PS3 in my bedroom (which is still kicking even though the Bluray drive is done... DVD'S play fine though). I bought an X1S for my parent's house that is wifi only though. I hope that lasts.

Coincidentally, mine was with the bedroom Xbox.

truthfully it is used mostly for apps (our tv their is an old panny plasma from 2009), but when the wife isn't around it is convenient to game there.

6 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Coincidentally, mine was with the bedroom Xbox.

truthfully it is used mostly for apps (our tv their is an old pansy plasma from 2009), but when the wife isn't around it is convenient to game there.

Yeah mine in my bedroom is for watching TV as well. I run my cable app on there to watch live TV.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah my panny plasma is in my bedroom too... from 2010 I think. Still kicking. My parents have one in the basement that looks awesome too.

Skillz, buddy, I'll be sad when he goes.  It will be the end of an era.

However, no tears yet as even my DLP is still running.