Chris Wallace leaving FNC to join CNN+

211212101944-chris-wallace-file-2020-sup
WWW.CNN.COM

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, one of the few high-profile news personalities who retained a reputation of integrity as the channel he worked for leaned hard into right-wing and conspiratorial programming, announced Sunday that he is departing the network and joining CNN+ to host a weekday show.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, one of the few high-profile news personalities who retained a reputation of integrity as the channel he worked for leaned hard into right-wing and conspiratorial programming, announced Sunday that he is departing the network and joining CNN+ to host a weekday show.

Wallace made the stunning announcement of his departure from Fox News at the end of "Fox News Sunday," the channel's flagship weekly program that he has moderated since 2003.

"After 18 years — this is my final 'Fox News Sunday.' It is the last time, and I say this with real sadness, we will meet like this," Wallace said.

Wallace described his time at Fox News as a "great ride." He said that after nearly two decades he was "ready for a new adventure."

26 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wallace is no angel, but he was 10x better than what is left on Fox. Without Shepherd and him, they have basically lost any pretense of being a normal news source. But hey—why even bother to pretend when you're likely to help steal the next election?

"10x better than what is left on Fox" is an incredibly low bar. Wallace wrote this, for instance:

obama-indonesia.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

The Democratic base is growing increasingly frustrated with former President Barack Obama’s actions after leaving office, including a seemingly endless tour of millionaire and billionaire luxury retreats, according to Democrats and activists contacted by Fox News.

• Thanks 1

I've been watching the Sunday shows since high school and I thought he was the best host since Russert as far as asking "tough" questions to the guests he had on regardless of party. 

I was a bit surprised he'd go to CNN, but it sounds like he's going to be doing a lifestyle show for their streaming platform. I doubt he supplants Jake Tapper as the host of their weekend show, so it seems like he's out of the politics game save a guest spot here or there or the hosting of a debate. 

I honestly think he'll be missed because Chuck Todd is almost Alan Colmesian in his ability to be a fucking patsy and George Stephenopolus isn't bad but he's also not great.