Gaming snacks.

CastletonSnob

Sometimes, you get hungry while playing video games. Or, maybe you find that eating enhances the experience, like eating snacks while watching a TV show or movie.

What snacks do you usually eat while gaming? I usually don't eat while playing video games because I don't want my hands or my controller to get dirty.

I usually get a Pizza if I'm playing a new game non-stop for hours. Good hot and cold. Not really a snack tho. 

If I'm snacking it is something I don't have to touch with my hands. Meat Sticks are fine. Something like Slim Jim or Tillamook Smoked Sausages. But I don't get jerky. Granola bars or cereal bars are great. Any chip you can pour from the bag into your mouth works well. Pretzels are ok. Any chip works fine really if you are willing to gently crush them a bit to make each chip bite size. No candy tho. Your candy in this case should be soda or energy drinks. This is all for like a 12-16 hour gaming session. If I am not having a long gaming session then no snacks or nothing. The point of all of those snacks is so you can keep playing without stopping. Like this shit is to the left and right of you. If you have to get up you might as well make something to eat. 

• stepee 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I usually get a Pizza if I'm playing a new game non-stop for hours. Good hot and cold. Not really a snack tho. 

If I'm snacking it is something I don't have to touch with my hands. Meat Sticks are fine. Something like Slim Jim or Tillamook Smoked Sausages. But I don't get jerky. Granola bars or cereal bars are great. Any chip you can pour from the bag into your mouth works well. Pretzels are ok. Any chip works fine really if you are willing to gently crush them a bit to make each chip bite size. No candy tho. You candy in this case should be soda or energy drinks. This is all for like a 12-16 hour gaming session. If I am not having a long gaming session then no snacks or nothing. The point of all of those snacks is so you can keep playing without stopping. Like this shit is to the left and right of you. If you have to get up you might as well make something to eat. 

@stepee it's perfect.

• Haha 1

If I'm gaming nothing changes from normal. I can have a meal at my desk if I feel like it. I'll need some hand wipes or something if I'm like actually trying to play while eating (usually I just pause the game and put up a video on my second screen until I'm done, but sometimes I'm mid-raid in an MMO or something and will take bites between pulls or whatever, but this is more rare these days) so I don't get any crumbs or grease or anything on my controllers, which is the one thing I am super OCD about. Nasty controllers drive me up the wall. Sometimes my 7 year old daughter borrows my phone to watch a video or play Baba Is You or something and when she gives it back it's covered in... I don't even want to think about what it could be, but it makes my skin crawl.