Trump is launching some new social media or whatever nonsense

The details don't matter cause who gives a shit. But look at this turd:

The 1st slide looks like sperm attacking an egg. The 3rd slide doesn't resemble Earth at all. And the name is apparently Teenage Mutant Tinja Gurtles?

It will be funny when the morons who sign up for it get their credit card numbers stolen.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

They now have 30 days to open source the site or be shut down for illegally using Mastodon code.

You mean 30 days to open source the site or be CANCELED by the liberal Marxist open source community.

19 hours ago, vaxick said:

Sounds like it's going as well as Mike Lindell's Frank is.

I would like to be as blithely dismissive of this as I was of Gab and Parler but after January 6th and the continued widespread mainstreaming of the ‘Stop the Steal’ movement throughout the Republican Party, I’m done underestimating the tenacity and horrific powers of Trump’s cult of personality.  I’m quite worried of what something like this has the real potential to become.  At the very least, there’s no disputing the vast demand that exists for an explicitly illiberal, alt-right alternative social media universe.  Given enough money and attention, the technical roadblocks to its success (the need for its own servers and hosting ecosystem, security liabilities, etc.) can easily be overcome.

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I would like to be as blithely dismissive of this as I was of Gab and Parler but after January 6th and the continued widespread mainstreaming of the ‘Stop the Steal’ movement throughout the Republican Party, I’m done underestimating the tenacity and horrific powers of Trump’s cult of personality.  I’m quite worried of what something like this has the real potential to become.  At the very least, there’s no disputing the vast demand that exists for an explicitly illiberal, alt-right alternative social media universe.  Given enough money and attention, the technical roadblocks to its success (the need for its own servers and hosting ecosystem, security liabilities, etc.) can easily be overcome.

I really feel like it should probably be pointed out that Trump doesn't have any control over these people. When he dies it's going to be some deep state assassination and he'll become a martyr for the cause.

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

While I'm with you on the cult of personality part, these people having their own social media site isn't one of my worries. The fundamental problem with these sites is that there are no liberals and therefore boring.

14 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

While I'm with you on the cult of personality part, these people having their own social media site isn't one of my worries. The fundamental problem with these sites is that there are no liberals and therefore boring.

Exactly. These people get off on people going into the replies and fighting with them. Which is why I stopped using Facebook outside of sharing my art on there.