NBA/Professional Basketball OT

Pikachu

17 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Good chance this year we see LeBron lift him up by the hips like a 12 year old so he can dunk one on a fastbreak.

Lol not sure how I missed this! 

7 minutes ago, Best said:

Bronny is playing very solid in the summer league.

6-for-26 overall (23.1%) and 0-for-12 from 3.

:|

He belongs at Planet Fitness in the local pick up game not the NBA

• True 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

He belongs at Planet Fitness in the local pick up game not the NBA

I swear when I was watching him in high school he wasn't even the best on his team. He's extremely athletic but has no real skill or killer instinct. It's just a complete bullshit story. 

Man people comparing this team to '92 need to be smacked.

6 point win over a team with notable names like Joe Ingles, Patty Mills, and Matthew Dellevadova. And Jock Landale(?)....who was apparently their leading scorer and not just a name you used as a kid making a prank phone call. Oh and Josh Giddy....the guy so mid that he got traded for Alex Caruso and pretty much everyone agreed the Bulls got fleeced.

"But...but...Larry Bird was cooked!"

Motherfucker, there is a difference between playing a full 82 game season and playing a handful of games at the Olympics. I am not sure I would take a single person on the current team over a 35 year old "cooked" Larry Bird for the Olympic schedule....

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Man people comparing this team to '92 need to be smacked.

6 point win over a team with notable names like Joe Ingles, Patty Mills, and Matthew Dellevadova. And Jock Landale(?)....who was apparently their leading scorer and not just a name you used as a kid making a prank phone call. Oh and Josh Giddy....the guy so mid that he got traded for Alex Caruso and pretty much everyone agreed the Bulls got fleeced.

"But...but...Larry Bird was cooked!"

Motherfucker, there is a difference between playing a full 82 game season and playing a handful of games at the Olympics. I am not sure I would take a single person on the current team over a 35 year old "cooked" Larry Bird for the Olympic schedule....

Well obviously international competition has improved so, so much since 1992. In 92 the dream team was on another level.

But I still think the 92 team is probably the best usa team ever. 2008 was very good though but I give the edge to the 92 team. 

17 minutes ago, Best said:

Well obviously international competition has improved so, so much since 1992. In 92 the dream team was on another level.

But I still think the 92 team is probably the best usa team ever. 2008 was very good though but I give the edge to the 92 team. 

That's a fair point about international talent. But I think it is overstated a little bit at times. Like Europe was an absolute black hole for basketball talent at the time. Like good Euro players didn't exist before Ginobili and Dirk.

But I'd take Kukoc over any of the guy's USA just barely beat on the Aussie team and that didn't stop Mike and Scottie from absolutely taking the poor guy's lunch money :lol:

You know when I found out Bronny is now shooting like 25% from the field and 0% from 3 over all his Summer League games I thought, "Man, all those fun jokes are kinda just moving from being funny to just plain sad".

Then I remember the Lakers already signed him to a 4 year, multi-million dollar contract and it's funny again :)

• True 1

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

You know when I found out Bronny is now shooting like 25% from the field and 0% from 3 over all his Summer League games I thought, "Man, all those fun jokes are kinda just moving from being funny to just plain sad".

Then I remember the Lakers already signed him to a 4 year, multi-million dollar contract and it's funny again :)

The Lakers are doing their fans a disservice. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The Lakers are doing their fans a disservice. 

Y'know the weird thing is that if you remember they kind of snubbed LeBron at last season's trade deadline. LeBron was pressuring them to make a move and they refused to give up more picks.

That seems kind of out of step with them just rolling over for LeBron on Bronny and Reddick.

But I suppose their plan is to just keep LeBron happy for now and don't lock into anything for the post-LeBron era. Stuff like losing the few picks they have or taking on anymore long-term big contracts. That would explain why they whiffed on all the big names they went after. Maybe I am wrong and they'll give up the bank for Lavigne or Trey Young, but I guess we'll see.

If this is their strategy, imagine how Davis must feel. Everyone has to know "do nothing but get one year older" is not exactly a winning formula for last year's roster....

USA Basketball almost lost against South Sudan. SOUTH SUDAN

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I haven't seen that yet. 

I'm excited to watch Caitlin Clark tonight in the all-star game. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

I haven't seen that yet. 

I'm excited to watch Caitlin Clark tonight in the all-star game. 

They need to put her on the team. Those guys are overrated as fuck.

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

They need to put her on the team. Those guys are overrated as fuck.

Yea but honestly international competition has just really advanced. I mean USA is still the best but barely. Plus these international teams are playing with each other all the time so their chemistry is much better. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

Yea but honestly international competition has just really advanced. I mean USA is still the best but barely. Plus these international teams are playing with each other all the time so their chemistry is much better. 

Bruh,  SOUTH SUDAN.  You, me, and 3 other D1Per's could beat them

• Haha 1

Bruh,  SOUTH SUDAN.  You, me, and 3 other D1Per's could beat them

You got me there. That's funny. 

Edit: It went down the a last second shot! Yikes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
WWW.ROI-NJ.COM

A week after a city-sanctioned report cast doubt on the economic benefits of the Philadelphia 76ers’ proposed facility in Center City, the team received a written proposal from the state of...

Lolololol as a nj resident, I welcome the Camden 76ers to the Garden State. 

I know I'm the only one on her that watches the WNBA but what Caitlin Clark is doing this season is historic. I am in awe of her and her future is incredibly bright. 

She will easily win rookie of the year but she is in the running to even win MVP. 

She is a generation talent.