NBA/Professional Basketball OT

Pikachu

3 minutes ago, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

After one season, the Pistons have dismissed coach Monty Williams, who leaves with five years and $65 million-plus left on his deal, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

eating $65M after signing him last year. Lololololol 

Jesus. Some organizations are clueless 

• True 1

I paid for a subscription to watch WNBA games and mainly to watch Caitlin Clark and she is worth every penny. I'm watching her now and she is a complete joy to watch. I'd watch her over any NBA player...easily. 

57 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

JJ Redick "coaching" LeBron and Bronny has the potential to be comedy of the highest order!

I mean, nepo cases like Thanasis and Austin Rivers are bad enough, but to hire your podcast co-host whose coaching experience appears to be coaching his kid's highschool team and using one of the Lakers few picks on a blatantly non-NBA ready player who was well below average in college is just on a whole nother level.

Then Lakers fans will whine about the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune if LeBron and Day to Davis go down with injuries. Like, who could have ever foreseen how risky it is betting your season on the health of a 40 year old and a 32 year old 7 footer with a history of injury! Oh cruel fate!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I mean, nepo cases like Thanasis and Austin Rivers are bad enough, but to hire your podcast co-host whose coaching experience appears to be coaching his kid's highschool team and using one of the Lakers few picks on a blatantly non-NBA ready player who was well below average in college is just on a whole nother level.

Then Lakers fans will whine about the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune if LeBron and Day to Davis go down with injuries. Like, who could have ever foreseen how risky it is betting your season on the health of a 40 year old and a 32 year old 7 footer with a history of injury! Oh cruel fate!

I can’t wait for it to implode.              :daydream:

9 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

When you put it THAT way...:rofl:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

God this was so accurate and funny. :lol:

I'm only half-kidding that this exchange might actually happen.

Reporter: "Coach Reddick, Bronny James went 0 for 15 shooting, committed 10 turnovers, was shot blocked 11 times, and fouled-out before the end of the second quarter.  What's up with that?"

JJ Reddick: "We see Bronny as a work in progress and feel that he's showing great improvement with each game.  For example, in tonight's game, he didn't grab a lose ball and proceed to dunk on our own basket like what happened a couple of games ago.  To us, that shows that he's developing into a true NBA talent."

• Haha 2

Lakers had a healthy season from LeBron and AD and Dlo had one of the best shooting seasons of his career and they only managed to make the play in. Redick is not turning them into contenders without major roster additions. 

Nor that professional sports have ever been a meritocracy to the extent that many fans would have you believe, but there's something truly spectacular about watching rampant nepotism in action. Like watching a little league coach start his son when there really are no actual stakes except it's the fucking NBA and a franchise ostensibly worth billions of dollars.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Nor that professional sports have ever been a meritocracy to the extent that many fans would have you believe, but there's something truly spectacular about watching rampant nepotism in action. Like watching a little league coach start his son when there really are no actual stakes except it's the fucking NBA and a franchise ostensibly worth billions of dollars.

Nailed it. 

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

angel reese is a fucking dawg. 25/16 is a monster statline. 

clark needs to work on her game going to the right. they took the left away in the 4th and she wasn’t comfortable. 

Not only that she really needs to work on her pull-up inside the 3 point line. She is still turning the ball over too much with too many tricky passes. But overall she played very good. Career high in assist.

25 minutes ago, Best said:

Not only that she really needs to work on her pull-up inside the 3 point line. She is still turning the ball over too much with too many tricky passes. But overall she played very good. Career high in assist.

yeah a good mid range would help a lot especially as time goes on and she’s competing for a title 

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve been trying to understand what Rafael Stone did tonight with the Nets pick trade. Seems like it must be a setup for another trade? The NBA pick trading is out of control 😂

Nets wanted their own picks back to tank starting this season. Houston wanted the Suns picks for that very reason. When the Suns eventually decided to reset, Houston wants to use those picks to get Booker. 

53 minutes ago, Best said:

Well after reading insider information in the NBA it looks like the Lakers will be taking Bronny at pick 17. I honestly don't know what to think about it. 

On one hand you could argue about the limited value of drafting at 17 anyway so why not use it to keep your star happy?

On the other, Lakers draft pick options have already been cut to the bone by making another deal that LeBron insisted on that turned into a disaster(Russ) and the Lakers desperately need to start cultivating young talent. And drafting quality at 17 or below does happen on occasion.

But honestly, like we talked about before, the problem really isn't drafting Bronny. The problem is ceding your organization to LeBron. And they already signalled how far they are willing to go by hiring Reddick. If I were in the organization and the decision had already been made to ride the LeBron train for a few more years, I would have a hard time arguing against drafting Bronny. Why build your team around a 40 year old if you're not willing to make him happy?

I mean, even if for no other reason than can you imagine how Bron would treat the poor bastard that they drafted before Bronny? :lol:

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

On one hand you could argue about the limited value of drafting at 17 anyway so why not use it to keep your star happy?

On the other, Lakers draft pick options have already been cut to the bone by making another deal that LeBron insisted on that turned into a disaster(Russ) and the Lakers desperately need to start cultivating young talent. And drafting quality at 17 or below does happen on occasion.

But honestly, like we talked about before, the problem really isn't drafting Bronny. The problem is ceding your organization to LeBron. And they already signalled how far they are willing to go by hiring Reddick. If I were in the organization and the decision had already been made to ride the LeBron train for a few more years, I would have a hard time arguing against drafting Bronny. Why build your team around a 40 year old if you're not willing to make him happy?

I mean, even if for no other reason than can you imagine how Bron would treat the poor bastard that they drafted before Bronny? :lol:

Great points. 

4 hours ago, Best said:

Well after reading insider information in the NBA it looks like the Lakers will be taking Bronny at pick 17. I honestly don't know what to think about it. 

Well he didn't go at 17