NBA/Professional Basketball OT

Pikachu

to me it sounds like he may be able to play through it if the pain is tolerable. celtics medical staff might not even know all the risks of playing with that injury. doesn’t sound like something that’s gonna feel better with a few days of rest so might as well put him out there and see how he feels. it is the finals after all 

5 hours ago, johnny said:

to me it sounds like he may be able to play through it if the pain is tolerable. celtics medical staff might not even know all the risks of playing with that injury. doesn’t sound like something that’s gonna feel better with a few days of rest so might as well put him out there and see how he feels. it is the finals after all 

Best explanation of his injury I've seen to date. 

45 minutes ago, Best said:

I've been to busy in virtual reality to see this. That's really ashame. 

Takes off Quest 3 headset. Parents are gone.  House is completely empty of everything except his stuff. 

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

Luka has really taken the torch from LeBron on being the most unwatchable guy in the league.

Whines on every damn play and commits an (uncalled) offensive foul on most of his shots.

A shame that the Wolves were a matchup nightmare for the Nuggets. Would have been such a better Finals to see the Celtics vs. the defending champs....

• True 1

This has been an awful series to watch. Luka is crying way too much as well.

I'm happy for the Celtics. It'll be interesting who they give the NBA final MVP too. Statistically it's really close between Tatum and Jaylen Brown.  

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I would never claim to be a basketball expert but I’d love to have Luka explain why the fuck he’d try to take a charge in transition while sitting on 5 fouls because that seems skull fuckingly dumb. 

Because he is to slow to move his feet and stay with the ball handler. He sucks on defense. He is a traffic cone lol. 

• True 2

45 minutes ago, Biggie said:

His 15 minutes are just about over.

Spying I See You GIF by NBA

He still has a few more years of brilliance but his body isn't good enough to sustain a long career. That's where LeBron impresses me. 

I was really wanting it wrapped up tonight because I’m going hiking Monday evening with friends. Dammit. 

I don’t know what to make of this game. Were they not trying because they wanna win it on home court Monday? The officiating was bad, but that’s not why they lost. They were just terrible. And I guess Dallas was backed up against a corner and wanted to put up a fight tonight. 

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don’t know what to make of this game. Were they not trying because they wanna win it on home court Monday? The officiating was bad, but that’s not why they lost. They were just terrible. And I guess Dallas was backed up against a corner and wanted to put up a fight tonight. 

Celtics occasionally have the bad habit of playing soft when they think they'll have it easy. You can adjust out of that if the opposing team isn't great, but Dallas is a great team. Combine that with the Mavs coming out and playing the best they possibly can or face elimination and you end up with a slaughter. Luka is probably lucky the game was a blowout because I'm not sure he would have been able to keep that intensity going into the fourth if the Celtics had managed to keep it closer.

Tatum was the only one who came out looking like there was any urgency. If Boston managed to not choke away the series, this loss probably gets him the FMVP.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

Celtics occasionally have the bad habit of playing soft when they think they'll have it easy. You can adjust out of that if the opposing team isn't great, but Dallas is a great team. Combine that with the Mavs coming out and playing the best they possibly can or face elimination and you end up with a slaughter. Luka is probably lucky the game was a blowout because I'm not sure he would have been able to keep that intensity going into the fourth if the Celtics had managed to keep it closer.

Tatum was the only one who came out looking like there was any urgency. If Boston managed to not choke away the series, this loss probably gets him the FMVP.

Don't even speak of such horrors.

Yes, I know they have a tendency to go soft in situations like this. Just hope it lights a fire under all their asses for Monday at home.

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Don't even speak of such horrors.

Yes, I know they have a tendency to go soft in situations like this. Just hope it lights a fire under all their asses for Monday at home.

I'm not too worried...as I run outside to knock on the tree I just bought and have yet to plant.

There's a lot of things that went bad for Boston today. If just one other player had done a little better on defense earlier in the game, Tatum isn't stretching himself thin and pick up all the fouls be did...even if that fourth was some wild bullshit.

This loss better light a fire under their asses. Dallas was balling out of their brains and every C not named Tatum let it get into their heads.

I think they've also probably been playing it very safe with KP to not aggravate his injury to make a full recovery over the summer a lot easier, but this might be a scenario where you tape up his ankle until he can barely feel his toes and put him out there Monday.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Celtics do have the tendency to take their foot off the gas and let teams back in it. We could have a series brewing. 

Celtics are winning the next game. It's an awful series. 

I think game 4 was basically a gimme for both teams. Mavs get to not get swept and I don't think Celtics really deserve any criticism for it.

That said, Boston better close out tonight or very possible they're looking at a Game 7....