A Boeing test pilot has been indicted in connection with the 737 Max

ap21115778839011_wide-86ea3547ecf0d561f3
WWW.NPR.ORG

Mark Forkner is charged with deceiving safety regulators who were evaluating the plane, which was later involved in two deadly crashes.

A Boeing pilot involved in testing the 737 Max jetliner was indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury on charges of deceiving safety regulators who were evaluating the plane, which was later involved in two deadly crashes.

The indictment accuses Mark A. Forkner of giving the Federal Aviation Administration false and incomplete information about an automated flight-control system that played a role in the crashes, which killed 346 people.

Prosecutors said that because of Forkner's "alleged deception," the system was not mentioned in key FAA documents, pilot manuals or pilot-training material supplied to airlines.

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

I'm so glad I didn't buy this dip. What a piece of shit company.

TOULHFFCZVNK3CAH56QBFCJ5EI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Boeing Co said on Thursday that some titanium 787 Dreamliner parts were improperly manufactured over the past three years, the latest in a series of problems to plague the wide-body aircraft.

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

TOULHFFCZVNK3CAH56QBFCJ5EI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Boeing Co said on Thursday that some titanium 787 Dreamliner parts were improperly manufactured over the past three years, the latest in a series of problems to plague the wide-body aircraft.

Honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me if the 787 gets completely scrapped at some point.  

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Shareholders were a mistake. 

They didn't pump up the stock for retail investors. They did it because bonuses are often given for stock performance + they are often required to own a certain amount of stock.

They need to ban all or at least severely reduce stock performance incentives at the minimum. 

9 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

They didn't pump up the stock for retail investors. They did it because bonuses are often given for stock performance + they are often required to own a certain amount of stock.

They need to ban all or at least severely reduce stock performance incentives at the minimum. 

Require shareholders to volunteer as test flight passengers.

39 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I've been told (and read) that the reason why Boeing sucks ass is because they went from a company led by engineers, to being a company led by MBAs.

The CEO at the time the 737 MAX project began was a business guy, but his successor (and I think the one that took most of the blame) was an engineer.