Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+, 29 December 2021) - Official Trailer

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+) to debut on December 29
1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Unpopular take: Mando doesn’t need a season 3

If they hadn't complicated the story with the dark saber and the retaking of Mandalore, yeah they could have easily done away with it. Also I'm kinda curious what happens if The Armorer finds out about Din revealing his face.

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

If they hadn't complicated the story with the dark saber and the retaking of Mandalore, yeah they could have easily done away with it.

I think those plot threads can be carried on in other shows, especially the dark saber stuff. I really feel like they completed the arc of Din in such a surprisingly perfect way that I’d rather leave that alone.

If it were just up to Favs and Filoni to do a third season when they felt they had a story worth telling, I would be more open. But you know Disney is going to push for more Mando because it sells subs and merch.

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think those plot threads can be carried on in other shows, especially the dark saber stuff. I really feel like they completed the arc of Din in such a surprisingly perfect way that I’d rather leave that alone.

If it were just up to Favs and Filoni to do a third season when they felt they had a story worth telling, I would be more open. But you know Disney is going to push for more Mando because it sells subs and merch.

This is all true. But Filoni hasn’t pushed out a turd yet, so… I believe.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That's precisely what I was thinking!

None of those threads require Din's presence at all for their continuation.

The show is called THE MANDALORIAN. Of COURSE the ultimate conflict needs to wind up being a struggle within Mandalorian culture!

I'm excited for the Darksaber to be fought over. And eventually, I want to see Gorgu come back and whip ass. 

EDIT: But in the mean time... I am very excited for Book of Boba Fett. I never got the fascination with his character, but the last season of Mando really added more to that character. 

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+, 29 December 2021) - Official Trailer

Loki and Wandavision were both excellent. Everything else has been meh imo. 

Star Wars only Mandolorian so far? Unless I’m missing something? If we’re counting Rebels and Clone Wars than might as well include the 90’s Spider Man and X Men cartoons which were both excellent as well haha

2 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Loki and Wandavision were both excellent. Everything else has been meh imo. 

Star Wars only Mandolorian so far? Unless I’m missing something? If we’re counting Rebels and Clone Wars than might as well include the 90’s Spider Man and X Men cartoons which were both excellent as well haha

As far as live-action series, it's only The Mandalorian so far for Star Wars.

There are two seasons of Star Wars TV and three seasons of MCU TV so far (right?), and I would rank both Mando seasons above all three MCU TV seasons. But some of that may be more that the MCU shows thus far have tread hard over very familiar characters while Mando brought mostly new characters to the forefront which helps with freshness.

Book of Fett looks far more interesting to me than whatever it is that Hawkeye is going for

I will start by saying I love The Mandolorian, but one thing I hope they do differently, and would help differentiate the two shows, is to not have the sole focus being Boba's POV. In the Mandolorian about 95% of the show is his POV, and just feels like jumping from quest to quest at times. 

All of the Disney+ live action stuff has been top notch so I expect this to be pretty well done too. Falcon and Winter Soldier was fun for what it was and was more provacative than I expected a Disney/Marvel show to be regarding the race stuff.

1 minute ago, jinx8402 said:

I will start by saying I love The Mandolorian, but one thing I hope they do differently, and would help differentiate the two shows, is to not have the sole focus being Boba's POV. In the Mandolorian about 95% of the show is his POV, and just feels like jumping from quest to quest at times. 

Well the show WAS called "The Mandalorian" and was basically a "Lone Wolf and Cub" style samurai/western. I'm saying that it was pretty much designed to be that way and there was nothing really wrong with that. I wouldn't be surprised if a show called "The Book of Boba Fett" focuses on Boba Fett and whatever he's trying to accomplish which seems to be to become the new crime lord in the galaxy.

16 minutes ago, jinx8402 said:

There could certainly be episodes that focus on the impacts of Fett's efforts to dominate the Tatooine underworld without requiring Fett's actual presence in the episode itself.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...