Just got ran over by a truck.

stepee

Ok so yeah it seemed like things went well with the surgery. They had to remove some dead tendons on my foot which means I’ll be losing some control over my toes moving upwards, but beyond that, the leg, ankle and foot are taken care of as far as surgery we have for now besides the skin graft. The good news is they will be able to do a standard skin graft on Friday, no other more extreme surgery. 

And as long as that goes ok, I should be able to go home this weekend or Monday! I still can’t do some cool lower body stuff like walking and will be attached to a portable wound vac still, but can at least get access to my stuff and real food. 

• stepee 3
  • Thanks 1

As someone in the broken / surgically repaired bones club, my only advice would be…

Really lean into any PT activities they give you that focus on range of motion and flexibility. Strength is important but should come back with general movement / use, whereas your flexibility gains are easiest to get when you start your recovery. My ankle will always be a bit stiff when I first use it after being idle for a bit on account of the hardware, but I’d definitely have more restricted range of motion if I didn’t really push it with my exercises. Finding a good physical therapist is really helpful.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, Kal-El814 said:

Also I forgot to mention that despite the EMT cutting my t shirt off my body, he didn’t put EKG leads or anything on me. I still have no idea why he did that. He WAS very good at it, maybe he just wanted to flex?

gay

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

As someone in the broken / surgically repaired bones club, my only advice would be…

Really lean into any PT activities they give you that focus on range of motion and flexibility. Strength is important but should come back with general movement / use, whereas your flexibility gains are easiest to get when you start your recovery. My ankle will always be a bit stiff when I first use it after being idle for a bit on account of the hardware, but I’d definitely have more restricted range of motion if I didn’t really push it with my exercises. Finding a good physical therapist is really helpful.

Appreciated. Yeah, I think that’s the main thing for me is range of motion coming back. Working on my knee to bend it properly again is going to be really important for me. My ankle is basically being held together with pins and stuff so I can’t put any pressure on it probably for another 6 weeks or so but will obviously have to concentrate a lot there as well. 

I will probably be doing in-house rehab through my medical provider and will be concentrating on rehabilitation over trying to go back to work.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Really relived to hear you are recovering well and will get to go home soon! Going home is psychologically a big part of getting better! Real food, your own stuff, and the ability to turn off your public face and just relax as you! :sun:

Thank you for the phrasing of that last part, yes yes yes!

• stepee 1

Ok yeah, I’m not going home this weekend lol. I mean I’m on a lot of drugs and even I still thought that sounded unrealistic, no idea what that guy was talking about. Anyway yeah I’ll be heading direct to a nursing/rehab facility from here for the next 1-3 weeks. :/

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Rev said:

That sucks dude. Hopefully they have good wifi and you can bring all your gaming stuff.

I have no idea if I’ll even have my own room there, man I hope so.

If i have my own room and a decent tv to connect my shield tv to and can bring in outside food sent to me then it would be a nice step up. But I’m not sure about any of that, could end up being worse than here, I’ll try to get more info tomorrow.