Just got ran over by a truck.

stepee

54 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

D1P members who are worse versions of Adam Jensen unite.

What you got inside u bro.

Also HUGE update: One week later I have finally pooped for the first time since being hit. Yeah, feels good.

This also included “standing” with a crutch for a bit which was the hardest part, especially just feeling so light headed while my heart raced.

But it’ll all get better every day hopefully, feel good about that progress for real. I mean I have another surgery tomorrow so idk maybe it becomes harder again actually who knows but I’m sure eventually i’ll start making cool little constant progress achievements and stuff.

Seriously fucking think of the moment of being ran over a lot tho lol.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

pAzTyZr.jpg

I never asked for this.

Also congrats on the dump. Did they give you some senokot? It turned my colon into a waterslide for my shit, highly recommended.

They’ve been giving me some standard stool softener but it hasn’t been so much been about being able to poop in of itself, but just being able to sit down at all, and I can’t put any weight at all on my left leg. Once I got on the pot and slowed my heart rate and calmed myself so I didn’t get too dizzy it all started flowing.

That looks kinda similar but mine is like more to the center - what happened with yours?

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

They’ve been giving me some standard stool softener but it hasn’t been so much been about being able to poop in of itself, but just being able to sit down at all, and I can’t put any weight at all on my left leg. Once I got on the pot and slowed my heart rate and calmed myself so I didn’t get too dizzy it all started flowing.

That looks kinda similar but mine is like more to the center - what happened with yours?

I fell off a rock wall while bouldering, something a man of my age, strength, and carriage had no business doing. That said I didn’t fall from super far, so if I’d fallen from that height 10 times, I’d have broken it maybe 2 of them. Bad luck.

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I fell off a rock wall while bouldering, something a man of my age, strength, and carriage had no business doing. That said I didn’t fall from super far, so if I’d fallen from that height 10 times, I’d have broken it maybe 2 of them. Bad luck.

lol damn, I think that’s the story they keep expecting from me when they ask me what happened because it always “what did you do?”. Maybe i’ll steal this down the line when I get tired of repeating what happened to me.

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol damn, I think that’s the story they keep expecting from me when they ask me what happened because it always “what did you do?”. Maybe i’ll steal this down the line when I get tired of repeating what happened to me.

My whole experience was dumb.

I fell and the landing sounded like if you stacked 4 dry lasagna sheets and snapped them in half. I was laid out on the ground and looked to see if the bone broke the skin, and was curious to see if I’d pass out. Didn’t break the skin but my foot was not where a foot ought to be so my BIL called an ambulance. While I was waiting for them to show up, they guy working the desk of the climbing gym came up to me and asked me questions like, “did you fall,” “does that hurt,” and, “were you facing the wall when you fell or was your back against the wall.” He then proceeded to take the climbing shoe off my unbroken leg and try to convince my BIL that I should drive myself to the hospital instead. His dumbass questions had me laughing my head off, and for whatever reason, I was in very little pain, so when the EMTs showed up and saw me cracking up their first reaction was, “oh this guy definitely has a head injury.”

They get me in a stretcher and put me in an ambulance, but they forgot to strap me in, so I white knuckled the stretcher all the way to the hospital. Meanwhile the EMT proceeds to cut my t shirt off my body in what had to be a world record breaking time. During the 10 minute ambulance ride he offered me fentanyl no fewer than 20 times. I refused it, but was eventually charged for it, so I guess I know why he was so interested in pushing it; I hope he had a good time with it or made rent flipping it, whatever.

At the hospital they gave me some pain meds before resetting my bones, then they put me in a plaster cast. As it dried, it started to heat up. I’d never been in a cast before, so I didn’t know if this was normal or if I was also finding out that I was allergic to plaster. When I asked the doc, she started to explain what exothermic reactions were and why the molecular friction results in heat and kept going off until I told her I was clear on what exothermic reactions were but needed to know if I should be feeling one. She said yes.

Then while I was waiting for my CT scan because I fell from a distance, half the nurses who came in to check on me saw that I was in a cast, saw that my hands were covered in climbing chalk, and in a very concerned manner asked me if they made me put my own cast on. Is this a thing that regularly happens? One hopes not.

When they put me in my johnny to leave, they wheeled me to the car without letting me change first, so I got into the car wearing just that, bare ass to the wind.

Long story short, I recommend not breaking your leg if given the opportunity. 

• stepee 1

I didn't poop for about 4-5 days after each of my esophageal surgeries and the gas pain against the incisions on my stomach was incredible. Glad you got it out.

Is everything ok aside from the hospital stuff? Able to pay the bills and everything? I assume you're missing work. Do you have short term disability to get you through until you can get a settlement?

• stepee 1

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I fell and the landing sounded like if you stacked 4 dry lasagna sheets and snapped them in half. I was laid out on the ground and looked to see if the bone broke the skin, and was curious to see if I’d pass out. Didn’t break the skin but my foot was not where a foot ought to be so my BIL called an ambulance. While I was waiting for them to show up, they guy working the desk of the climbing gym came up to me and asked me questions like, “did you fall,” “does that hurt,” and, “were you facing the wall when you fell or was your back against the wall.” He then proceeded to take the climbing shoe off my unbroken leg and try to convince my BIL that I should drive myself to the hospital instead. His dumbass questions had me laughing my head off, and for whatever reason, I was in very little pain, so when the EMTs showed up and saw me cracking up their first reaction was, “oh this guy definitely has a head injury.”

They get me in a stretcher and put me in an ambulance, but they forgot to strap me in, so I white knuckled the stretcher all the way to the hospital. Meanwhile the EMT proceeds to cut my t shirt off my body in what had to be a world record breaking time. During the 10 minute ambulance ride he offered me fentanyl no fewer than 20 times. I refused it, but was eventually charged for it, so I guess I know why he was so interested in pushing it; I hope he had a good time with it or made rent flipping it, whatever.

At the hospital they gave me some pain meds before resetting my bones, then they put me in a plaster cast. As it dried, it started to heat up. I’d never been in a cast before, so I didn’t know if this was normal or if I was also finding out that I was allergic to plaster. When I asked the doc, she started to explain what exothermic reactions were and why the molecular friction results in heat and kept going off until I told her I was clear on what exothermic reactions were but needed to know if I should be feeling one. She said yes.

Then while I was waiting for my CT scan because I fell from a distance, half the nurses who came in to check on me saw that I was in a cast, saw that my hands were covered in climbing chalk, and in a very concerned manner asked me if they made me put my own cast on. Is this a thing that regularly happens? One hopes not.

When they put me in my johnny to leave, they wheeled me to the car without letting me change first, so I got into the car wearing just that, bare ass to the wind.

“When I asked the doc, she started to explain what exothermic reactions were and why the molecular friction results in heat”

LOL. Yeah, for as often as they ask you if you have any questions, getting direct just normal conversational answers seems difficult sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

I didn't poop for about 4-5 days after each of my esophageal surgeries and the gas pain against the incisions on my stomach was incredible. Glad you got it out.

Is everything ok aside from the hospital stuff? Able to pay the bills and everything? I assume you're missing work. Do you have short term disability to get you through until you can get a settlement?

Yeah, def wouldn’t want it to be worse, I could tell if i wasn’t drugged up it would have hurt like hell still.

Everything is okay for the other stuff. Hospital tried to get me on some 2 thousand dollar payment, in the middle of a fucking blood transfusion based off an estimate. I let them know I’m not dealing with any financial shit in my current state. Then I lawyered up and now they handle any of that shit so I won’t be touching it. 

Right now I’m just burning through pto so being paid off that. I should have a better idea how long until I can work remotely after tomorrow’s surgery. Mostly the law firm is taking care of the financial stuff for now though so I can rest and do whatever is best to get me walking again.

• stepee 1

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Really sorry to hear that this happened - though like everyone, I’m really happy to hear it’s going as well as it can do.

The last few posts have also made me feel incredibly grateful for the standard of care you receive in the UK from the NHS. 

Unless those fuckers keep stripping it. Conservatives want to privatize everything. Luckily I think in the UK the NHS will never completely go away. Healthcare is one of those things that once people have it, they won't let it go. Republicans in the US have been trying to undo Obamacare for years, and it just ain't happening.

17 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

What grade took you out? V4-5?

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

What grade took you out? V4-5?

V-2 or V-3, I had absolutely no business doing what I was doing at 40 years old.

Also I forgot to mention that despite the EMT cutting my t shirt off my body, he didn’t put EKG leads or anything on me. I still have no idea why he did that. He WAS very good at it, maybe he just wanted to flex?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

V-2 or V-3, I had absolutely no business doing what I was doing at 40 years old.

Also I forgot to mention that despite the EMT cutting my t shirt off my body, he didn’t put EKG leads or anything on me. I still have no idea why he did that. He WAS very good at it, maybe he just wanted to flex?

This was the same for me with my shirt, they cut that shit off so fast (literally my favorite shirt actually too, which I picked up at Disney World and prob can’t find again lol) but didn’t do anything with my chest and my arms were already out there for them.

We probably just look good.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rachel said:

Obamacare is a joke lol

It is, but it took years of congressional bullshit to even get that and Republicans still try to strip it down almost every year. Before Obamacare you could be turned down for health insurance because you were sick. So, y'know... progress. In the UK, the Tories have gradually been trying to do everything they can to strip away funding for the NHS and privatize healthcare for a decade.