3DFX to Announce, "Something Major" Next Week!

Mr.Vic20

2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Technically it would be Voodoo 6 as 5 was the last series, but why not?! Apple gets to name shit however they want, so sure, it could be Voodoo 3! 

Alot has changed since then so I expect the 3dfx Voodoo 60000XXX.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Technically it would be Voodoo 6 as 5 was the last series, but why not?! Apple gets to name shit however they want, so sure, it could be Voodoo 3! 

I don’t know where they stopped, all I know I knew some guy in high school who was very excited about Voodoo 2 graphics :p 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

What if this just means that the graphics card shortage has gotten so bad that the only stuff left on even the used market is 3DFX cards from 20 years ago

Then I will see you all in some Quake 3 death match followed by some Jazz Jackrabbit 3! :sun:

12 hours ago, stepee said:

So I was looking to see like who even would own their ip and apparently nvidia bought everything. So maybe this this will be the competition in the gpu space we have all been looking forward to: nvidia vs nvidia.

The weird thing is even if someone wanted to come back and revive the name, they really couldn't. So I don't know wtf this is.

Just now, Reputator said:

The weird thing is even if someone wanted to come back and revive the name, they really couldn't. So I don't know wtf this is.

Nobody except nvidia! This is obviously going to be nvidia setting up a new company to compete with themselves since amd isn’t doing it.

3 hours ago, vaxick said:

Who even owns the name these days?  I'd assume it's still owned by Nvidia.

I've been reading some discussion since this came about. Apparently 3DFX is not currently registered as a US trademark. Meaning anyone could take the name and do whatever with it.

And....anyone is. Here's another pretender doing something of some sort.

They're just popping up like daisies!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Reputator said:

It's literally just a quick cash in on the name. They're gonna be label slapping it on a bunch of crap.

lol. I’m surprised they actually procured the assets, I mean did nvidia sell them off? Or maybe they did awhile ago.

Maybe they are planning on being an oem?

32 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol. I’m surprised they actually procured the assets, I mean did nvidia sell them off? Or maybe they did awhile ago.

Maybe they are planning on being an oem?

I wouldn't say they did. There's no actual evidence they bought the trademark or have even started the process. And according to internet sleuths Jansen Productions isn't even a registered business in San Fran.

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

I wouldn't say they did. There's no actual evidence they bought the trademark or have even started the process. And according to internet sleuths Jansen Productions isn't even a registered business in San Fran.

lol such a random old company to try to start some weird grift with