Transformers: War for Cybertron- Kingdom trailer

• Remarkableriots changed the title to Transformers: War for Cybertron- Kingdom trailer
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I watched a couple episodes of this, and....not a fan.

The Beast Wars characters look like they should, but almost all their personalities have been completely changed to fit the new story. I'm also not a fan of their choice of voice characterization.

This probably wouldn't be as apparent if I didn't just recently rewatch the first two seasons of the old Beast Wars show all the way through.

Optimus Primal is a temperamental angsty grump. Tigertron is now a restless aggressive fighter. Rex Megatron has a higher pitched voice that's played to be far more subservient and less authoritative and cunning. There's bits and pieces still there, like Rhinox being highly intelligent and tech savvy, and Dinobot wanting to leave the Predacons (though they stripped him of his massive pride and ego, which was a big part of his character).

It's all done to fit the revised narrative (it's an alternate universe, apparently), so you could argue these aren't the same Beast Wars characters exactly but I can't imagine the old fans of the 90s show being all THAT pleased.

• Thanks 1