Chainsaw Man trailer...

MAPPA's latest series' trailer is here. I don't know if a US home for the series has been announced, but the first manga has been hugely popular in the States and the rest of the world, so I'm not really worried about a delayed release unless Netflix picks it up.

For those unfamiliar with the series, it's based on a very gory manga that follows a homeless kid that forges a pact with a chainsaw devil. This turns him into the titular Chainsaw Man and his hunt for the gun devil. On the surface, it's as dumb as it sounds, but it's also way better than any non-spoiler synopsis would indicate. I've been looking forward to this adaptation for a while now. The manga features some great action that follows incredibly well. It should, SHOULD, be a successful adaptation. The first manga series finished up late last year with a new sequel manga series currently in the works.

For some time now, I've thought a Chainsaw Man anime could be a hit the same way One Punch Man and Attack on Titan had. There's aren't a huge number of manga with that kind of potential, but I really do think Chainsaw Man is one of them.

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I rather Netflix get it because CR and Fun will censor the shit out of this show. 

Crunchyroll doesn't censor anything they get. Now, if they license a series through another American publisher that does censor their stuff then that's a different story. Crunchyroll, themselves, doesn't.

Neither they nor Funimation have the time to censor stuff they have up for simulcast. Whatever they air is the same as whatever gets aired on Japanese TV.

That said, what's on TV in Japan is very often not what ends up on Blu-ray. Sometimes there will be some self-censorship for Japanese TV or shitty animation brought on by the crunch of scheduling that gets fixed when a series gets a proper release.

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

English subs

MAPPA can make some really pretty anime.

Seriously. EVERYONE should give this anime a shot. Not just anime fans. EVERYONE. This series is classic batshit insanity in a way only really possible in anime. Better yet, the first part of the manga is complete and this anime will likely cover it all. All current reporting says the series will run for two anime seasons. That'll be anywhere from 22-26 episodes, which is more than enough to cover all eleven volumes of manga. The second part of the manga just started, but it's basically a sequel series. The first Chainsaw Man series has an actual ending, so don't worry about going into this and coming out feeling like you were told only have a story. This is a complete story with a satisfying conclusion. You may come out of it wanting more, but that's only because it's so good.

The trailers, thus far look great, so I'm hopeful this will be a good adaptation.

• stepee 1

• 1 month later...