Death Trash | Post-Apocalyptic Puke Eating RPG | For Last Gen Consoles & PC [Aug 5, 2021]

Keyser_Soze

Death Trash is a post-apocalyptic action role-playing game where cosmic horrors crave humanity but meet punks with shotguns. Influenced by cyberpunk, science fiction, horror, grotesque art and stories and black humor. Use realtime combat, stealth, dialogue, item crafting and psi powers to explore and survive this mystic post-apocalyptic world with larger-than-life beings.

Features

• A post-apocalyptic world with punks, science fiction, cosmic flesh titans, grotesque elements, sexual references and trash-talking
  • Gameplay featuring combat, stealth, dialogue, inventory management, item crafting
  • Thick atmosphere, fresh dialogue and harsh combat
  • Grungy pixelart style unique to this game
  • Visual character customization and roleplaying attributes, skills and perks
  • Use psi powers in and out of combat
  • Any character in this world can be killed
  • Empowering the player by building on imagination, freedom and choices
  • Supports both mouse/keyboard and controller
  • Optional local co-op where a second player can drop in and out anytime

CNNNg6f.png

• 1 month later...
PbbJjHB6qwpRqnHAK4W9ND-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The splatterpunk body-horror RPG is living up to expectations.

I'm glad Death Trash is pixel art, because otherwise I'd be grossed-out by all the raw meat, vomit, and skinlessness. Not to mention the naked old men who seem to cheerfully hang out on the sidelines of this particular post-apocalypse. One of them danced at me. 

Here are some of the names on Death Trash's overworld map: Festering Gorge, Woundland, Puke Bar. It's not a nice place. I've been exiled here because of an illness that means I can't stay in the underground bunker run by robots where humans chill in VR cyberwombs all day instead of getting jobs. Now I live on the surface with the outcasts, mutants, mysterious gigantic entities called titans, and an endless supply of meat that fountains out of the ground

death-trash-meat.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Grim RPG Death Trash is as disgusting and enthralling in early access as it was in demos - but it could do with giving you a softer landing at the start.

Death Trash is a singular and unique vision. I don't know how to say, "If you like X or Y then you'll like this". Maybe Fallout (indeed, this game's genesis is in a jokey fanart tweet about making one's own Fallout). Maybe text games on Itch about teeth and skin. People worship the meat like a deity. They eat it raw. And you are, somehow, infected by it. You can talk to it. My biggest disappointment is that my quest to understand the flesh was cut short so quickly - it's maybe four or five-ish hours at the moment, about a quarter of the predicted full runtime, though the "main" questline hit its under construction roadblock after about 2 hours for me. Death Trash evidently has more secrets to wallow in, and it's worth wading in. It's both disgusting (in a good way) and absolutely hypnotic.