~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

I’m shocked we haven’t been talking about the controversy at the Olympics:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Transgender athletes face heavier restrictions in a number of sports than during Tokyo 2020

Imane Khalif beat an “Italian” woman in one punch and everyone accuses her of being a man because god forbid a woman be strong or something.

Also, what Italian woman backs down after one punch? I had two sisters who would fight constantly and it was like watching Rock and Austin throw down:

stone cold GIF

10 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m shocked we haven’t been talking about the controversy at the Olympics:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Transgender athletes face heavier restrictions in a number of sports than during Tokyo 2020

Imane Khalif beat an “Italian” woman in one punch and everyone accuses her of being a man because god forbid a woman be strong or something.

Also, what Italian woman backs down after one punch? I had two sisters who would fight constantly and it was like watching Rock and Austin throw down:

stone cold GIF

From what I understand the Italian woman had a sinus infection and turns out that’s why it hurt so fucking bad!

doesn’t stop the terfs/republicans(including the big stupid orange one) from repeating the lie that Khalif is a “man” when she was born/raised in a country where transitioning and homosexuality are illegal and she herself identifies as a woman and the IOC has repeatedly come out and said she’s a woman. 

Saw this on resetera and wasn’t sure if quite thread worthy so putting here: 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Experts argue the U.S. drunk-driving limit is too high.

20% decrease in fatal deaths by lowering to 0.5? Yes, please. It really is too damn high.

I’ll never know if the guy who ran me over was drinking on the job or not, but it definitely has made me want stricter laws on anything encouraging reckless driving (and honestly just hate cars/trucks/etc more in general)

If we can have 20% less fatal deaths by removing basically one beer from someone’s night before they drive home, sounds good to me. 

On a side related note I saw motorist speeding by a light as a child was just about to rush into the street (it was green to walk) and the mom hold her arm straight to block him and it sent chills down my spine. Like if she wasn’t so damn quick. I really don’t like those things anymore.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Today I learned this is indeed the rule in Japan!

My province has the highest rates of drunk driving in Canada. In fact, our premier was arrested for a DUI when he was younger, and on a separate occasion killed someone in a highway accident. However he did not take a breathalyzer for that one, so he didn't officially kill anyone while drunk. 

I don't even drink at all (never have, for any particular reason), but many people here consider me strange for it. Bumfuck Hicksville of Canada!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

My province has the highest rates of drunk driving in Canada. In fact, our premier was arrested for a DUI when he was younger, and on a separate occasion killed someone in a highway accident. However he did not take a breathalyzer for that one, so he didn't officially kill anyone while drunk. 

I don't even drink at all (never have, for any particular reason), but many people here consider me strange for it. Bumfuck Hicksville of Canada!

In a lot of the US, and I'm betting in your corner of Canada, zoning codes require or did until recently twice as many parking spots per square foot for bars as they do regular restaurants. :skull:

5 hours ago, Jason said:

In a lot of the US, and I'm betting in your corner of Canada, zoning codes require or did until recently twice as many parking spots per square foot for bars as they do regular restaurants. :skull:

Maybe if we had decent public transit and didn’t do dumb shit like here in SF where Bart shuts down at like midnight (and local busses even earlier) then it would help - but people don’t seem to want that anyway and want vroom vroom in the north so who knows.

But seriously it’s so dumb like there is decent public transit where I live and I get around great without a car, but if I’m out late, it’s always gotta be a lyft. Which, of course is another option, but you know, money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...