Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Should I ever buy this game on PC? How similar is the core gameplay to Fallout/ES, in terms of the ability to just wander around and ignore the main quest?

I would hold out for more updates and DLC. Yes, you can wander to your heart's content without doing much if any of the main questline, however much of your experience will be procedurally generated and so about 30-40 hours in most places feel "samey". There is a full BGS quality story here (I'll leave it to you to decide how you feel about that) and several side faction questlines + a bunch of stand alone randomized simple fetch or kill quests. 

• Halal 1

22 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I would hold out for more updates and DLC. Yes, you can wander to your heart's content without doing much if any of the main questline, however much of your experience will be procedurally generated and so about 30-40 hours in most places feel "samey". There is a full BGS quality story here (I'll leave it to you to decide how you feel about that) and several side faction questlines + a bunch of stand alone randomized simple fetch or kill quests. 

Thanks! Typically I think that Bethesda stories absolutely suck, so I usually stay away from the main quests unless they are necessary to get into certain places.

• True 1

I honestly don't see a point in even using space craft in this game. It serves absolutely no purpose. It's a glorified load screen with the occasional combat interaction. Big fail on Bethesda's part here. 

One positive I can say is all the quest glitches I was getting in my last playthrough have been fixed. So I'm making good progress and also in the process of getting into Sarah Morgan's pants. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield - Information Thread, update (06/09): "Shattered Space" expansion trailer
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield - Information Thread, update (08/20): REV-8 buggy (vehicle buggy - not the usual BGS buggy) update released, "Shattered Space" expansion to release on September 30
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video