Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I finally put down an outpost but now I don't have enough resources to make the harvesters so now I have to go to a different planet to get those.

I'm not sure how in depth I'll get into this on a first play through since I heard in NG+

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not really messing with outposts or crafting. Seems kinda of a pain in the ass.

• Halal 1

BETHESDA.NET

Today’s update for Starfield introduces settings to adjust FOV, plus some additional changes to address some performance and quest issues.

GENERAL

• FOV: Sliders are now available in Settings that allow players using first person or third person to adjust their FOV.

PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY

• [PC ONLY] Improved stability for Intel Arc GPUs.
  • Various additional stability and performance improvements.

QUEST

• Echoes of the Past: Addressed an issue where tunneling creatures could pick a location that would prevent progression.

• Thanks 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield - Information Thread, update: 1.7.36 update released, introduces FOV slider
27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

All I know is I only loot what I absolutely need and rarely want. I haven't had any issues with encumbrance since adjusting. 

Oh shit an update!  Yeah I pick and choose and only take cool guns, frag grenades, med packs, digipicks, and space suits/helmets

The quest you have to do for Ryujin Industries where you have to 

Spoiler

sneak through the elevator shaft and get by all the guards to download the slate onto the CEO’s computer 

Sucked ASS. lol. 

Spoiler

Once I got spotted I started killing everyone and ran as fast as I could to get the fuck out of there lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, best3444 said:

tl;dr thoughts/score etc?

She sings a lovely song about if, you should watch :p

That said the dude played 100 hours of it and liked it but there’s too much loading, too much jank, the map is awful, a lot of busywork would be resolved if you had a cellphone, and it’s weird that the game makes you walk on every planet you get onto when the wheel was invented long before space travel. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I found out recently you can set a waypoint on the map, so it makes the maps slightly less awful.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Explain 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Go to your surface map, press A, profit?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Still don't understand you son of a bitch. 😒 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Like if there is a place on your map you want to go without constantly bringing up your map to see if you’re on the way you just put down a marker for you to follow

Jesus Best lol

On 10/11/2023 at 9:21 AM, Kal-El814 said:

She sings a lovely song about if, you should watch :p

That said the dude played 100 hours of it and liked it but there’s too much loading, too much jank, the map is awful, a lot of busywork would be resolved if you had a cellphone, and it’s weird that the game makes you walk on every planet you get onto when the wheel was invented long before space travel. 

Unfortunately, space ships were made by Elon Musk, and he hadn't given any thought to fitting cars into them, so all space ships have entranceways that fit people on foot, but not large enough to fit motorized vehicles.

• True 1

@Biggie I took down the ships that kept destroying me. I finished the Freestar Rangers quest line so I got all the goodies.

Spoiler

The new ship is much bigger than I thought. It's nice.

I'm moving along nicely and kinda focusing on the main quest especially since I beat the Freestar quest line. Still having an absolute blast.

• Hype 1

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I took down the ships that kept destroying me. I finished the Freestar Rangers quest line so I got all the goodies.

Hide contents

The new ship is much bigger than I thought. It's nice.

I'm moving along nicely and kinda focusing on the main quest especially since I beat the Freestar quest line. Still having an absolute blast.

I’ve got to much to play because of GamePass lol

It's interesting how they kept saying there is only life on 10% of planets. But you know how they skirted around that? They had random people land on planets or they had random outposts on planets with people on them.

Recently while exploring I'd find a camp and someone there has a mission on the planet for me to do. Like I had a bounty hunter ask me to take out some Pirate, which was interesting because I had seen the location earlier. I didn't feel like doing it because they are pretty much all the same layout but I did it when I got the mission. Now I'm on some other planet and someone said to rescue a scientist. So what I'm saying is lifeless planets seem to have plenty of life on them. :p