Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

Completed the Freestar Ranger quest line and got promoted from deputy to Ranger. In the process I earned a 

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty awesome. 

I want that in my veins. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm really focusing on the main story and the Freestar Rangers quest line. During my time with the main quest it's not pointing me in any direction. I'm thinking this is a bug. I'm on Neon and noting is activating?

:|

What is the active mission you have selected right now? Sometimes you can finish a mission and another/the next mission isn’t automatically selected. 

Notice any improvements in battle?

Yes

I'm really focusing on the main story and the Freestar Rangers quest line. During my time with the main quest it's not pointing me in any direction. I'm thinking this is a bug. I'm on Neon and noting is activating?

:|

Make sure you have it selected. There should be a blue line next to it. 

I’ve got a bug apparently regarding very end of the main game first play through. 

I’ve found all artifacts, including those from the Hunter and Emissary, the powers screen says I have 3 temples undiscovered, but I also only have 23/24 powers and Vlad doesn’t have any more temple locations for me.

It sounds like it is something I can sort out with NG+. 

I'll tell you what, traveling outside of missions with the weak ass Frontier is a complete cluster fuck. You have to travel to one section to another to get closer to your goal because of how weak the ship is. Extremely annoying with just a ton of loading screens. 

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll tell you what, traveling outside of missions with the weak ass Frontier is a complete cluster fuck. You have to travel to one section to another to get closer to your goal because of how weak the ship is. Extremely annoying with just a ton of loading screens. 

Upgrade your engine and grav. Make sure to fill those slots on both of them. Even if you have to take away some from shields, lasers, and missiles. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Upgrade your engine and grav. Make sure to fill those slots on both of them. Even if you have to take away some from shields, lasers, and missiles. 

I have dumped all my points into the science/tech tree all attributing towards my ship. 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I have dumped all my points into the science/tech tree all attributing towards my ship. 

No. Go to the service guy on the landing pad. Upgrade your engines and grav. Then make sure all those slots are filled on your ship. 

I'm trying to find a place to settle down and make an outpost but once you touch down you get lost exploring for hours. Still haven't built that outpost. :p

Also, does this game never generate land with a coast or a river? I wanted to touch down close to a beach so I could see the supposed ocean that is there but it's just land the whole way.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm trying to find a place to settle down and make an outpost but once you touch down you get lost exploring for hours. Still haven't built that outpost. :p

Also, does this game never generate land with a coast or a river? I wanted to touch down close to a beach so I could see the supposed ocean that is there but it's just land the whole way.

I was on a planet with an ocean I swam in on the coast. 

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I took your advice and blew 80k on upgrading my ship. Plus a few more points towards shields when I leveled up. I think I'm ready to tackle my challenges!

Once you get the 

Spoiler

Ship for completing the Freestar Rangers quest line

You won’t have to worry about your ship. 

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Once you get the 

Reveal hidden contents

You won’t have to worry about your ship. 

I focused primarily on the Freestar Rangers quest line this morning. It's a lot of fun. 

14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you take the elevator/lift to the under belly of Neon it’s literally built on an ocean. Most of the planet is water. 

@Biggie made great progress on the main story today. I have incredible "epic" weapons where I one shot enemies. You may have this one gun called the deadeye and it's fuckin brutal. It's an automatic magnum type "pistol". I also have my pistols doing 50% more damage from putting skill points there. I fuckin love this game. 

• Halal 1

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie made great progress on the main story today. I have incredible "epic" weapons where I one shot enemies. You may have this one gun called the deadeye and it's fuckin brutal. It's an automatic magnum type "pistol". I also have my pistols doing 50% more damage from putting skill points there. I fuckin love this game. 

Yupp I have it and I have pistols, rifles, shotguns, and ballistic weapons all upgraded.

armed machine gun GIF

• Shocked 1