Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

Just now, Biggie said:

Not much lol. Which is why I’m just going forward. It’s not worth starting over. 

Yea then keep pushing and focus on the main storyline. I have been focusing on the story and it flows much better that way. I will tackle my side quests later when I'm stronger. 

So I noticed after getting thrown into jail like 5 days I was negative XP which meant I had to pay back XP I think? I know I stayed at level 14 for a while until I earned enough and got the negative off my status under my XP bar. That sucks. One more thing that the game does to piss me off lol. 

I think I’m close to reaching the end of the main story. Question for those that have beaten it: 

is the end the main story a point of no return into NG+, or after the main story I still have a choice to leave this universe? I assume that’s how NG+ is gonna work. Me going through unity to another universe. I mainly want to know if I need to do all my side quests before confronting the Emissary and Hunter, or I can beat them and still wrap things up.

@Biggie I could literally beat the game today if I wanted. I'm level 26 and 29 hours in and at the final 2 main missions. 

So if you want to beat it just focus on the story and it's not a very long game. 

I stopped doing the main missions and I am doing all faction quests and other side quests because I don't want this to end. 

I also got a new ship that absolutely controls better and the combat is better, too. I'm just giving you a heads up is all. 

11 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think I’m close to reaching the end of the main story. Question for those that have beaten it: 

Hide contents

is the end the main story a point of no return into NG+, or after the main story I still have a choice to leave this universe? I assume that’s how NG+ is gonna work. Me going through unity to another universe. I mainly want to know if I need to do all my side quests before confronting the Emissary and Hunter, or I can beat them and still wrap things up.

Spoiler

You can beat them and still do quests after, there's just something on your ship that you'll need to turn off. Then you just turn it on when you want to start the NG+.

The other thing that I used that time for was leveling up some skills that required money or resources. You don't get to bring anything with you and since I had tons of cash and a base full of stuff, I could level up ship design and make a bunch of junk mods to finish some challenges and what not.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I could literally beat the game today if I wanted. I'm level 26 and 29 hours in and at the final 2 main missions. 

So if you want to beat it just focus on the story and it's not a very long game. 

I stopped doing the main missions and I am doing all faction quests and other side quests because I don't want this to end. 

I also got a new ship that absolutely controls better and the combat is better, too. I'm just giving you a heads up is all. 

I'm no where near close to finishing this game. I do a main quest, then a side quest, then a activity, and then a mission. I have soooooo many of these type things to do.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Hide contents

You can beat them and still do quests after, there's just something on your ship that you'll need to turn off. Then you just turn it on when you want to start the NG+.

The other thing that I used that time for was leveling up some skills that required money or resources. You don't get to bring anything with you and since I had tons of cash and a base full of stuff, I could level up ship design and make a bunch of junk mods to finish some challenges and what not.

oh you bring nothing? Oh, I was not expecting that. I figured I’d get to keep my weapons, armor, and outfits on my character at the very least. Maybe even my home ship. 

does research progress carry over too? Like if I unlock Suppressors is that unlocked in the NG+? 

I can’t say if I feel more or less like finishing everything before NG+. Hmm.

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

Don’t know. But the story is starting to get really good. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

IMG_3940.jpg

BTW, I started playing at 7pm today and I just stopped at nearly 3am. I am in love with this game. The story has really picked up and so have the side quests. 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

BTW, I started playing at 7pm today and I just stopped at nearly 3am. I am in love with this game. The story has really picked up and so have the side quests. 

I love it. It starts off slow but once things open up it’s pure Bethesda goodness. When I’m not playing it I’m thinking about wanting to play it. But fuck staying up until 3 am. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I love it. It starts off slow but once things open up it’s pure Bethesda goodness. When I’m not playing it I’m thinking about wanting to play it. But fuck staying up until 3 am. 

Lol, I had off today because our building lost power last night. I got a phone call at 9pm saying I can't come in so that's why I stayed up so late. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Best is getting more and more creative in his ways of getting time off of work to keep playing Starfield. lol 

If Best doesn’t beat the game soon I expect to start hearing about Covid 23 tearing through countries and everyone going on lockdown and staying home. 

Our building loses power frequently because of its location. All of our machines were completely shut down so everybody was called off but with with pay. It's always a welcoming idea to have off and play Starfield all day. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Our building loses power frequently because of its location. All of our machines were completely shut down so everybody was called off but with with pay. It's always a welcoming idea to have off and play Starfield all day. 

Look, Im not saying it wasn’t a believable excuse and a well executed plan. I’m sure nobody at your work suspects a thing. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Hide contents

oh you bring nothing? Oh, I was not expecting that. I figured I’d get to keep my weapons, armor, and outfits on my character at the very least. Maybe even my home ship. 

does research progress carry over too? Like if I unlock Suppressors is that unlocked in the NG+? 

I can’t say if I feel more or less like finishing everything before NG+. Hmm.

Spoiler

Research progress does carry over, so yeah, that's worth doing as well.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense as to why you can't bring anything at all with you. It seems like you should be able to carry your guns for sure, and I feel like you should be able to choose a ship and keep the contents of it. There might be some kind of lore explanation, but if there is I missed it.

30 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I set my phone alarm. When it goes off so does the game. 

I don't get game time until after the kids are in bed and their backpacks and clothes are ready for school the next day. By that point, I have no self control for a Bethesda game.

"Imma just finish this last mission. Ok, this is taking longer than expected. Oh, this morphed into something else. Ok. Sure."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I don't get game time until after the kids are in bed and their backpacks and clothes are ready for school the next day. By that point, I have no self control for a Bethesda game.

"Imma just finish this last mission. Ok, this is taking longer than expected. Oh, this morphed into something else. Ok. Sure."

You just described a Bethesda game perfectly. 

Has anyone been having an issue on PC if you're playing with a controller that like, the prompt to dock or interact with a ship won't come up when you hit "X?"

If I hit E on keyboard it'll pop up but it often doesn't work on the pad. I also noticed the range where it'll allow prompts of talking to characters is small too. 

39 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Has anyone been having an issue on PC if you're playing with a controller that like, the prompt to dock or interact with a ship won't come up when you hit "X?"

If I hit E on keyboard it'll pop up but it often doesn't work on the pad. I also noticed the range where it'll allow prompts of talking to characters is small too. 

This game has some old Bethesda jank. I only play with a mouse and keyboard and it still sometimes doesn't pop up for me. I literally ended up installing a mod to increase the distance for docking because I crashed into things on more than one occasion.

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Reveal hidden contents

If I see it I’ll let you know. 

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Anyone playing on PC using any good mods? I've currently got the game running with some 20 or so mods

Im pretty boring with my mods

FOV

DLSS

Neutral LUTs

120fps ship reticle and hud

Achievement Enabler

improved HUD to move location and XP notifications to the bottom of the screen

Im probably not going to get into the more creative mods or game changing mods (like removing mass limits) until later play throughs.