Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

They just need to increase carrying capacity to atleast 300. Is this something that can easily be patched in?

I really hope it's patchable but by the time it ever does I'll be finished with the game. The encumbrance is easily the biggest flaw in the game. I hate it. 

• True 1

34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

They just need to increase carrying capacity to atleast 300. Is this something that can easily be patched in?

Could it be? I’m no developer but I’m gonna say it would probably be one of the easiest things they could fix lol. 

Will they? Highly doubtful. But modders can and have, not sure about the Xbox version yet. 

My biggest easy fix I’d like to see is to wear my normal clothes in appropriate area where I don’t need my space suit / helmet. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yeah I agree with Vic, try paying your bounty. If that doesn’t work then maybe you just forever live a life of crime. hopefully it’s not a bug. 

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Does the ship storage get bigger with different ships or is it always the same?

It can, but for the same reason any ship can have more storage. They have actual storage modules. The cockpit has a storage capacity, some allowing more cargo space than others and then there are storage modules. Larger ships often have more storage modules as part of the purpose of their mass. A small nimble ship won’t, because of the compromise in adding more mass to need more power and thrust, which adds more mass. 

you can have a massive ship with virtually no cargo capacity, but then you’re mostly just building a meme ship that is just big for the sake of being big. 

I’ve never seen a speed rating above 150 or a mobility rating above 100. So because of the balance of mass vs thrust the larger your mass the less likely you are to maintain those numbers. Keep that in mind when adding or removing cargo modules. 

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That's in the options under show helmet suit in breathable areas.

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think he means to leave the suit and helmet behind. Because simply hiding them via the menu option doesn’t remove their mass from your character. 

Spawn is correct. I want the normal clothes on. It’s weird cuz the companions do it automatically. 

21 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think he means to leave the suit and helmet behind. Because simply hiding them via the menu option doesn’t remove their mass from your character. 

The best "fix" for this would probably be making any wearable weightless. Then if it's hidden it's not big deal.

Personally before I turned on hiding I would take the suit off and carry it, of course it still counts as weight so, I mean carry or hidden it still weighs something. 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The best "fix" for this would probably be making any wearable weightless. Then if it's hidden it's not big deal.

Personally before I turned on hiding I would take the suit off and carry it, of course it still counts as weight so, I mean carry or hidden it still weighs something. 🤷‍♀️

yeah it’s not so much the mass thing I just want to look like a normal person walking around a city and not have my fucking ridiculous mantis outfit on sans helmet where you literally look insane outside of combat. Your companions switch to normal clothes by default and that’s all I want lol. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

My first 4 points all went into weight lifting. Can’t imagine playing this without it maxed out.

So how much mass can you actually carry now? 

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Ship storage is 450 for the starting ship… I wouldn’t call that minuscule. 

I haven't played the game that long and I filled it up before I even got to Akia

6 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

yeah it’s not so much the mass thing I just want to look like a normal person walking around a city and not have my fucking ridiculous mantis outfit on sans helmet where you literally look insane outside of combat. Your companions switch to normal clothes by default and that’s all I want lol.

Well this is what I thought you meant and like I said you can hide it, there is an option for it. It's on the screen where you equip the space suit, it says show always or hide in settlement.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I haven't played the game that long and I filled it up before I even got to Akia

Well this is what I thought you meant and like I said you can hide it, there is an option for it. It's on the screen where you equip the space suit, it says show always or hide in settlement.

The space suit or the helmet?  Cuz when I started playing you def couldn’t hide the space suit but maybe they patched that?

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

The space suit or the helmet?  Cuz when I started playing you def couldn’t hide the space suit but maybe they patched that?

You can hide both, it's on the bottom left of the menu for where you equip either the helmet or the suit (you have to do it individually for each)

It was definitely there from day one.

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

@TwinIon what about my post dealing with security?

I didn't have to deal with this much, but I'm pretty sure that you need to pay your bounty in another system. I have a bounty board in my primary outpost, but I think there is one pretty much everywhere. Just make sure it's in someone else's territory.

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I didn't have to deal with this much, but I'm pretty sure that you need to pay your bounty in another system. I have a bounty board in my primary outpost, but I think there is one pretty much everywhere. Just make sure it's in someone else's territory.

I'll pay my fine on Mars. Thanks for the response.  👍 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

I like Starfield. I’m having lots of fun playing it. That being said, the flying and spaceship combat is pure fucking ass and whoever designed it should be banned from making video games ever again. 

I think it's perfectly fine...

I couldn't pay my neon fine on another planet so when I got to neon I was immediately approached by security to pay 4K in fines. At least they weren't trying to kill me. 

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think it's perfectly fine...

I couldn't pay my neon fine on another planet so when I got to neon I was immediately approached by security to pay 4K in fines. At least they weren't trying to kill me. 

Perfectly fine? Are you insane. 

Also fuck paying 4K in fines. Should have killed them. Don’t be a space bitch. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Perfectly fine? Are you insane. 

Also fuck paying 4K in fines. Should have killed them. Don’t be a space bitch. 

Haha. You can kill all of Neon's security? If so, that is badass. No, I enjoy space combat. It will be even better once I get my new ship. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Also why doesn’t this game have mini area maps? You can’t find shit. Nobody wants to search for a vendor for 25 fucking minutes. Game is pissing me off. 

You know me and getting lost in videogames but I never once got lost in this. You taking Auroa?

You know for a futuristic space game I sure have to do a lot of running back and forth to talk to people or report stuff. No video or audio communication in the future huh? Fuck happened to smart phones? Shouldn’t things be light years more advanced than they are today? 

• Haha 1