Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Curious do y’all play in first person or third?

I don’t care for the animations in third person so I stick with first person. 

back on to mods. not that Im opposed to modding a game, I just tend not to. This game  is already the most I’ve modded any game. I’m probably gonna do a few more mods to enhance/customize the experience.  

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Rejoice, friends! PureDark’s DLSS3 mod drm was cracked in about 2 hours. :p 

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m not typically an advocate of piracy, but I hope that any piracy of his mods that was previously occurring increases by like 10-fold because of this :p 

Was this the first time he put DRM on one of his mods or just the first of his mods enough people cared about cracking it? 

20 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Was this the first time he put DRM on one of his mods or just the first of his mods enough people cared about cracking it? 

Second, he added it to an update to his RDR2 mod a week ago as a test before Starfield. All of his others were without DRM until last week.

I'm gunna take back my initial graphical analysis on this game and claim that it looks VERY GOOD. I was being too hard on it not truly realizing just how massive this fuckin game is and how interactive it is. 

I'm on

Spoiler

the moon of Montara helping a farmer and this place is beautiful. Great draw distance, great textures, and great water. 

I'm having a ton of fun with this game. Shocking I change my stance on something I know. 😒 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm gunna take back my initial graphical analysis on this game and claim that it looks VERY GOOD.

For me the game kept going from looking really good to “wtf does everything look so dark, washed out, and grainy?”, but then I modded the game to remove the graphical filters so I just saw the game’s natural colors. The game now looks soooo much better. Digital Foundry seems to say that auto HDR is pretty good, so I’ll try that too. I am also using DLSS 2.5 with PureDark’s mod from Nexus Mods.

I wish the game ran better in major towns compared to everywhere else. 

27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Second, he added it to an update to his RDR2 mod a week ago as a test before Starfield. All of his others were without DRM until last week.

I assume that’s an attempt to force more people to pay on their Patreon, but it just seems like a waste of time. The people who pirate it will crack the DRM and it will still get pirated. Though based on the timeline they added DRM before their DLSS mod for Starfield was out. And Bethesda did give them a copy of the game two weeks ago, which I assume was so there would be a DLSS mod on 9/1. Could it be possible that Bethesda asked them to also test a DRM implementation for an upcoming “paid mod” model system in Starfield? 

16 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

For me the game kept going from looking really good to “wtf does everything look so dark, washed out, and grainy?”, but then I modded the game to remove the graphical filters so I just saw the game’s natural colors. The game now looks soooo much better. Digital Foundry seems to say that auto HDR is pretty good, so I’ll try that too. I am also using DLSS 2.5 with PureDark’s mod from Nexus Mods.

I wish the game ran better in major towns compared to everywhere else. 

I assume that’s an attempt to force more people to pay on their Patreon, but it just seems like a waste of time. The people who pirate it will crack the DRM and it will still get pirated. Though based on the timeline they added DRM before their DLSS mod for Starfield was out. And Bethesda did give them a copy of the game two weeks ago, which I assume was so there would be a DLSS mod on 9/1. Could it be possible that Bethesda asked them to also test a DRM implementation for an upcoming “paid mod” model system in Starfield? 

Apparently PureDark getting an early copy of the game was false. Also, pre-DRM, it turns out that he makes almost $40k/month on Patreon already 

• Sicko 1

18 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I assume that’s an attempt to force more people to pay on their Patreon, but it just seems like a waste of time. The people who pirate it will crack the DRM and it will still get pirated.

I think it's a matter of knowing your audience. You're putting a mod on a mod site, it's only a matter of time that someone makes a mod for your mod to remove DRM. :p

I actually like the filter they use on console because it gives it a realistic look imo. 

I never ever feel like I'm wasting time in this game and everything it really compelling. I'm kinda focusing on the main story for  now and it's great. All the characters are unique with great conversation. 

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I actually like the filter they use on console because it gives it a realistic look imo. 

I never ever feel like I'm wasting time in this game and everything it really compelling. I'm kinda focusing on the main story for  now and it's great. All the characters are unique with great conversation. 

The limited FOV alone makes me never want to play this on console. :sick: 

This game nearly makes me want to upgrade my graphics card to get above 1080p output resolution with DLSS. 

I felt like I was wasting time the first time I ran all over a planet scanning and discovering stuff. But I think I get the point now and what I’m doing there. 

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The limited FOV alone makes me never want to play this on console. :sick: 

This game nearly makes me want to upgrade my graphics card to get above 1080p output resolution with DLSS. 

I felt like I was wasting time the first time I ran all over a planet scanning and discovering stuff. But I think I get the point now and what I’m doing there. 

Yea, there is a lot to learn but I'm pretty accustomed to most things 20 hours in. I love how this is a mix of Fallout, Skyrim, and Oblivion. Bethesda really tried hard here and I appreciate what they made. Too much loading and going back and forth to places is a big knock on this though. Still, this is a phenomenal game and basically what I wanted from it overall. 9/10 game.

• Hype 1

17 minutes ago, nublood said:

I’ve played about 3 hours so far and liking it. I’m really not paying attention to reviews or negative feedback. I’m just playing however I want and learning all the mechanics and stuff myself without help from the internet…for now. So far it’s just… fun. 

It starts out slow so keep that in mind. I'm 20 hours in and it still feels extremely early on for me. 

40 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, there is a lot to learn but I'm pretty accustomed to most things 20 hours in. I love how this is a mix of Fallout, Skyrim, and Oblivion. Bethesda really tried hard here and I appreciate what they made. Too much loading and going back and forth to places is a big knock on this though. Still, this is a phenomenal game and basically what I wanted from it overall. 9/10 game.

The loading itself doesn’t bother me as much as it’s relatively quick on PC. It’s more the fade out and in, instead it being more seamless, like ME1 and the elevators and decontamination scan. 

so, now I can’t land at Akita City. I think when a location has multiple locations in the same zone to visit or land at it prevents being able to select anything from the map as a landing zone. You can only land if there is a mission in the city still. This is very annoying.