Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

? Starfield has ran incredibly well on my Xbox. I haven’t had one issue in 16 hours and tbh 30fps is completely acceptable to me. I'm shocked to say that but it's really smooth for a fp shooter.   

Just a callback to a dumb digression in this thread from a couple months ago. I’ll be playing it on Xbox as well and I'm sure I’ll be fine with it.

Just now, TheLeon said:

Just a callback to a dumb digression in this thread from a couple months ago. I’ll be playing it on Xbox as well and I'm sure I’ll be fine with it.

I see. Yea, you will love this game and it's really polished at launch which is stunning. 

39 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Haha god damnit. Gives me a good reason not to get it yet though. Finish BG3, get a new processor, then go from there. I think my processor has been holding me back pretty hard anyway. I can run new stuff OK but they chug a bit in demanding places. 

Eh I might see how it runs on my current PC. I didn't meet the minimum requirements for RE4 and that ran pretty well for me. I went down a rabbit hole and my current processor is pretty much the best my Z97-E can have, so you start being like... welp if I replace this I have to get a new one of these, and I might as well get a new one of these and then you've replaced everything haha. 

One small combat scenario that works great in this game is throwing frag grenades. One time I killed 7 enemies with one throw. Extremely satisfying. I like that there is proper leveling in this game too. If you're level 11 fighting a 14 on a side quest you chose to do, be prepared for a hard fight. 

The autosaving anywhere anytime is beautiful. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yes it's letting me attempt but I can't because of not enough fuel. I've figured somethings out but this game is kinda confusing. I played 6 hours straight today though so that's saying something!

maybe don’t do that. The starmap shows you if you have enough fuel to make a jump. If you can just jump to a place in between and then jump again. 

Even as we're three days away from Starfield's proper launch, you can already deck Starfield out with Todd Howard's face pretty much everywhere. Whether he's greeting you as you boot up the game, or lighting the path for you in the dark, Howard is there. And it's always that one picture of him, because of course it is.

38 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Curious do y’all play in first person or third?

I tried both and vastly prefer fp. However, Bethesda stepped up their game with the 3rd person perspective and it plays pretty well. 

38 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Christ on a bike at this board. The generosity is inspiring to say the least. @BiggieI respect your sentiment but don't take away someones generosity of giving especially when they're more than happy to do it. It's not taking a handout man, it's receiving good fortune 

@Biggie you were going to take a Series X from me, so why not from somebody who can easily afford it? I'm asking respectfully, not being a dick. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I tried both and vastly prefer fp. However, Bethesda stepped up their game with the 3rd person perspective and it plays pretty well. 

@Biggie you were going to take a Series X from me, so why not from somebody who can easily afford it? I'm asking respectfully, not being a dick. 

I was just busting your balls. You can’t take me seriously. Guess I really fucked up by not accepting it.