Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

14 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s a weird article. There are planets where the action of the game actually takes place, but let’s not worry about that. Space sure is empty, huh? Why isn’t there stuff to do in the void between planets? 

Which there is, since space combat, boarding ships and such.

but most importantly

therock'd

22 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s a weird article. There are planets where the action of the game actually takes place, but let’s not worry about that. Space sure is empty, huh? Why isn’t there stuff to do in the void between planets? 

I think that there are some people who won’t be able to play this game who are desperately looking for reasons to not want the game.

• True 4
  • Hype 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Which there is, since space combat, boarding ships and such.

but most importantly

therock'd

But there will be times when you’re just floating through an empty void! Down time! It’s not like the nonstop thrill ride that was… Skyrim? 

• True 1

39 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

But there will be times when you’re just floating through an empty void! Down time! It’s not like the nonstop thrill ride that was… Skyrim? 

I never played Skyrim but Oblivion was like a nonstop thrill ride. My speed was 100 so I would just fly across the world! :o

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I wanna play it really bad. I just need a Series X

If this game turns out to be like a 95 average at metacritic I think I'll try and buy you a Series X. Only if it maintains a 95 score. 

• Hugs 1

And now we see what the exclusive AMD partnership gets us. No new or advanced AMD exclusive features, just a marketing push for new GPUs. 

yAXBaxT7PokHRPVfQ3mmBU-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

You shouldn't actually need a brand-new AMD card to run Starfield decently

I have an Xbox X.

I'm not really looking forward to it because No Man's Sky and Outer Worlds was good for 17 minutes then it was boring af. This looks to be only marginally better. Plus Bethesda jank. I'll wait till it gets Fallout levels of updates then it'll be a bunch of free please play me stuff and I'll give it a shot 

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

LMFAO it’s saying a 7800x3D is recommended as the CPU for 4k :rofl:

All that marketing nonsense and it’s a mod from some dude and a competitors gpu that is going to actually make this game run well on the cpu side, weird

• True 1

8 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I have an Xbox X.

I'm not really looking forward to it because No Man's Sky and Outer Worlds was good for 17 minutes then it was boring af. This looks to be only marginally better. Plus Bethesda jank. I'll wait till it gets Fallout levels of updates then it'll be a bunch of free please play me stuff and I'll give it a shot 

I'd wait for reviews and user impressions at launch. This has potential to be something special. 

34 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

And they say humans are incredible at pattern recognition!

I get it but I've always really enjoyed Bethesda games so I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy this too. It will have Bethesda's jank but this maybe thier most polished title they ever made. At least that's what I'm hoping for. God knows they have been working on it long enough. 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

*checks Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim numbers*
Okay, so really really really good game that gets talked about for over a decade, then?

:lol: Sure bud, you keep talking about those sales in order to justify the shit-tier gameplay. Maybe if it sells more it won't play badly!

Fallout 4 sold less than half of Skyrim, and I see you ignored Fallout 76 there. Could it be there's some sort of... trend?

But even if Starfield sells 200 billion copies, that's irrelevant to quality. Unless we're here to argue that McDonald's is the pinnacle of human cuisine.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

you keep talking about those sales

Sales? I’m talking reviews there bud :p 

It’s fine if you dislike the games, but it shouldn’t be this difficult to realize that the majority do like them and you’re part of the minority 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

12 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I have an Xbox X.

I think it could really depend on how Starfield opens the game to you. I’ve often thought Bethesda did a pretty solid job introducing you to basic mechanics, themes, and tones of their game in the opening couple hours. But if you didn’t care for the world you could lose interest very shortly after. Either before getting to the next town or faster. 

I too get super bored with the intro area to No Man’s Sky. It’s the resource gathering and crafting. I just don’t want it. Or at least not as much. Maybe if there was an action packed few scenes before it. Like the intro to KOTOR and I crash landed on the planet. Being introduced to resource and crafting mechanics then wouldn’t be as bad, and I’d be looking forward to getting back out into the action to continue the story. 

Based on past Bethesda works I suspect Starfield will start off with more of an action packed hook before opening up. By which time you could probably just follow quest markers very linearly to avoid getting bored. 

I just hope I like the world and there isn’t too much if any reliance on resource gathering and crafting. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

17 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think it could really depend on how Starfield opens the game to you. I’ve often thought Bethesda did a pretty solid job introducing you to basic mechanics, themes, and tones of their game in the opening couple hours. But if you didn’t care for the world you could lose interest very shortly after. Either before getting to the next town or faster. 

I too get super bored with the intro area to No Man’s Sky. It’s the resource gathering and crafting. I just don’t want it. Or at least not as much. Maybe if there was an action packed few scenes before it. Like the intro to KOTOR and I crash landed on the planet. Being introduced to resource and crafting mechanics then wouldn’t be as bad, and I’d be looking forward to getting back out into the action to continue the story. 

Based on past Bethesda works I suspect Starfield will start off with more of an action packed hook before opening up. By which time you could probably just follow quest markers very linearly to avoid getting bored. 

I just hope I like the world and there isn’t too much of any reliance on resource gathering and crafting. 

Well said. Yes, I really hope they don't emphasize on resource gathering and crafting or make it mandatory to move the story along. I don't know...I just have a lot of faith that this will turn out really impressive. 

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I just hope I like the world and there isn’t too much if any reliance on resource gathering and crafting. 

Exactly. If you haven't grabbed my attention within the first 15-30 minutes then it's like pushing a train uphill after that. But I know I have zero self control when it comes to high profile new releases so I'll probably cave 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Exactly. If you haven't grabbed my attention within the first 15-30 minutes then it's like pushing a train uphill after that. But I know I have zero self control when it comes to high profile new releases so I'll probably cave 

Idk, for some reason I have a feeling this will be a phenomenal game. 

Did you beat FF16 yet?

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Idk, for some reason I have a feeling this will be a phenomenal game. 

Did you beat FF16 yet?

Not yet, I think im pretty late game considering what all I have and what's going on. I had to stop playing because I had a water leak and had to take out walls and carpet. Owning a home blows sometimes lol 

32 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Not yet, I think im pretty late game considering what all I have and what's going on. I had to stop playing because I had a water leak and had to take out walls and carpet. Owning a home blows sometimes lol 

Fuck that sucks. I will rent for the rest of my days mainly because of what you explained. 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well said. Yes, I really hope they don't emphasize on resource gathering and crafting or make it mandatory to move the story along. I don't know...I just have a lot of faith that this will turn out really impressive. 

I just need a 95 or higher

Come Glory Days GIF by Little Mix

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

I get it but I've always really enjoyed Bethesda games so I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy this too. It will have Bethesda's jank but this maybe thier most polished title they ever made. At least that's what I'm hoping for. God knows they have been working on it long enough. 

turd-polish.jpg?w=270&h=270

• Sad 1