Starfield - Information Thread, update (09/16): "Shattered Space" expansion deep-dive video

SaysWho?

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

So we are going to use our LG Oled televisions web browser to connect with your shitty internet and my mid-level internet and play a Bethesda game?

Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Who said I was doing it? It's your only shot in playing it. 

10 hours ago, stepee said:

You can also play it via gamepass on your surface! You could even connect your dualshock to it and not have to buy a gamepad even.

Are you hyped for this? It will look so fuckin good on your pc. Do you think you could get it to run at 120fps?

9 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Has Bethesda said anything about which graphical features will/won't be on PC?

it has been eerily quite on that front ever since the AMD exclusive partnership was announced. I think we’re not going to find out until review embargo’s have been lifted. 

there’s a part of me wondering how much games they’ll be playing too. Like will review copies only be for Series X, with the PC version not playable until Sept 1 when everyone else with a deluxe edition can play it on PC. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield (06 September 2023) - Information Thread, update: "The Story So Far..." timeline posted on official site
4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Are you hyped for this? It will look so fuckin good on your pc. Do you think you could get it to run at 120fps?

honestly? Kinda not at all. I don’t know why. On paper it sounds and looks really good, but my expectations are super low for some reason. I’m thinking at least at launch it’s probably more investment than I want to put into a game right now, that may be part of it. Also all I want in the world is Super Mario Wonder so it’s hard to be hyped for anything in comparison.

Edit: I expect a cpu bottleneck with it and it won’t have dlss3 on launch so I do not expect 120fps either until PureDark mods it, which to be fair, he’s already committed to

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

honestly? Kinda not at all. I don’t know why. On paper it sounds and looks really good, but my expectations are super low for some reason. I’m thinking at least at launch it’s probably more investment than I want to put into a game right now, that may be part of it. Also all I want in the world is Super Mario Wonder so it’s hard to be hyped for anything in comparison.

Edit: I expect a cpu bottleneck with it and it won’t have dlss3 on launch so I do not expect 120fps either until PureDark mods it, which to be fair, he’s already committed to

I'll be honest I'm not as hyped as I thought I would be. I have a sour taste in my mouth from Fallout 76 and part 4. Skyrim was good but not great. We shall see. I am interested in how it turns out.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'll be honest I'm not as hyped as I thought I would be. I have a sour taste in my mouth from Fallout 76 and part 4. Skyrim was good but not great. We shall see. I am interested in how it turns out.

It will be amazing and I will have to hang out in this thread shitting all over the game and trolling people cause...........

well you know.

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield (06 September 2023) - Information Thread, update: "Gold" status announced, pre-loads for Xbox/non-Steam PC version start tomorrow, Steam version pre-loads on August 30
5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

They need the last month to really polish the game to Bethesda standards = add a lot more bugs. 

I feel like "back in the day" going gold meant they were now able to press the disc's and get the product out to retailers for a launch. Now with digital that's no longer needed. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I feel like "back in the day" going gold meant they were now able to press the disc's and get the product out to retailers for a launch. Now with digital that's no longer needed. 

Arbitrary release dates must be followed with religious zealotry to please retailers or what the fuck ever.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Everyone? Isn't only like 500-800K players playing on steam? That's so miniscule lol. 

The peak online number of players on team today was 27 million.

Counter-Strike GO is the most played game with 1.2 million people playing.

BG3 is the 3rd most played game with 600k people. That is actually quite a significant number.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The peak online number of players on team today was 27 million.

Counter-Strike GO is the most played game with 1.2 million people playing.

BG3 is the 3rd most played game with 600k people. That is actually quite a significant number.

That just seems extremely low to me though. Considering a game like Tears of the Kingdom sold millions of copies at launch. I guess I'm not educated enough on this lol. 

56 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That just seems extremely low to me though. Considering a game like Tears of the Kingdom sold millions of copies at launch. I guess I'm not educated enough on this lol. 

The 600k is people playing at the same time, not copies sold, and this is only Steam, not GOG. Also, BG3 releases for PS5 on September 6th, but now with all the hype from the PC release.

• True 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Concurrent numbers need to be multiplied several times over to even estimate total copies sold. Obviously not everyone who bought the game plays it at the same time.

For example, the Witcher 3's all-time high player count was 103,329, but it sold 12 million copies on Steam.

Obviously there's a decade of the game being on the store to factor in, various sales, etc, but concurrents aren't just everyone playing at once.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

The 600k is people playing at the same time, not copies sold, and this is only Steam, not GOG. Also, BG3 releases for PS5 on September 6th, but now with all the hype from the PC release.

that still always seemed low to me for a brand new game. Like I remember when Halo games used to come out you’re seeing concurrent players online in the millions on Xbox. Same when COD would come out. If every switch was online showing concurrent players you’d have seen players in the millions for TotK and most major Nintendo releases. So it always seems odd to me the store front with the largest users and market share on PC by far, any game being under 1 million concurrent players during every peak play session in the game first week of release is still considered “good”. 

BG3 sold like 2.5 million units in EA alone. So you’d think concurrent players would be easily above at least 1 million at launch at some point and grow as the number of copies sold since launches increases. It’s not like it’s a short game you beat in an afternoon. It’s something most will be playing for days and days, if not weeks and weeks. 

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Got it. 

As a rule of thumb, if something breaks the top 10 of all time of something, but the number seems low to you, you're probably not appreciating the context of that number rather than it not being significant :p