Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (27 June 2024) - US/Israel in talks to supply 8 Patriot systems to Ukraine

15 minutes ago, Jason said:
joe-biden-vladimir-putin-donald-trump-po
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The survey showed that 95 percent of those who said they voted for Trump have an unfavorable opinion of Biden compared to 78 percent for Putin.

To be fair Putin has been working for their support for some 6 years now whereas Biden just ignores them. 

• Haha 2

Echoing sentiments, this is all very sad. I know I'm going to look at my newsfeed and, eventually, see that something has happened to Zelensky. 

It reminds me of 300. The underdogs stalling a massive invasion with bravado and determination, but ultimately getting overwhelmed. It makes me sick to my stomach.

• Sad 1

Chotiner-JohnMearsheimer-2.jpg?mbid=soci
WWW.NEWYORKER.COM

For years, the political scientist has claimed that Putin’s aggression toward Ukraine is caused by Western intervention. Have recent events changed his mind?

Here is an interesting persepctive on why this war is the wests fault from a non Putin bootlicker. I don't really agree with it but its still an interesting read.

Resetera thread on this is going full bonkos and attacking anyone who dares to say something like "listen, it's great that Ukraine is scoring some points, and I continue to cheer for them, but we also have to recognize that there is a strong likelihood that Russia will end up taking Kyiv and replacing the government and occupying the country." To me that seems like a reasonable take...but people (including myself, I guess) are being not-so-subtly accused of being pro-Russian plants, of not understanding the situation (from people who couldn't find Ukraine on a map two weeks ago), and apparently not understanding that "Russia might take Kyiv but the Ukrainians will fight them off within 10 years" is a solid victory for Ukraine? Jesus Christ.

I obviously hope that the cost of ongoing fighting (combined with the economic sanctions) will cause something in Russia to break and force a Russian withdrawal...but if Russia's will doesn't break, then Russia will "win" this (as in take Kyiv, kill tens of thousands, and prevent an independent Ukraine from existing for many years).