Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (27 June 2024) - US/Israel in talks to supply 8 Patriot systems to Ukraine

2 minutes ago, Link200 said:

Not anywhere close.

"Jew" describes two things. An ethnic group and a religion. Believe it or not it is entirely possible to not like the religion and still 100% accept the ethnic group as a whole.

"Muslim" does not have the same definitions like with "Jew". "Christian" would be a more appropriate comparison as Christianity covers all kinda of countries and races just like Islam.

You are really going full Demut here. Okay, let me rephrase it's so you'll hopefully address that actual clear point I am making instead of arguing over semantics:

That's...not a good argument. It's like saying that denying service to Mormons in a town is a good thing if it prevents more Mormons from coming to the anti-Mormon town so they won't be harassed.

Also, please just answer: do you believe that rubbing pig fat on bullets intended for Muslims is a bad thing?

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

You are really going full Demut here. Okay, let me rephrase it's so you'll hopefully address that actual clear point I am making instead of arguing over semantics:

That's...not a good argument. It's like saying that denying service to Mormons in a town is a good thing if it prevents more Mormons from coming to the anti-Mormon town so they won't be harassed.

I reread your statement and revised mine. Didn't get to it quick enough...

That said the "Mormans" in this case are intending to bring guns and kill the people in the town. They are the attackers.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That's...not a good argument. It's like saying that denying service to Jews is a town is a good thing if it prevents more Jews from coming to the anti-Semitic town so they won't be harassed.

Maybe I’m not following this all well enough, but it would seem your analogy here breaks down because the Jews are not an invading force while the Muslims being targeted here are part of the invading force.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Maybe I’m not following this all well enough, but it would seem your analogy here breaks down because the Jews are not an invading force while the Muslims being targeted here are part of the invading force.

My basic ask is: is racism (or extreme prejudice) a good thing if it is working towards a good goal? It's basically, do the ends justify the means? Obviously in this case the pig fat on bullets is going to do nothing to actually deter Muslim combatants from coming over. It's done out of spite, not for any worthy goal. 

The Azov battalion are Nazis and should be dissolved. 

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My basic ask is: is racism (or extreme prejudice) a good thing if it is working towards a good goal? It's basically, do the ends justify the means? Obviously in this case the pig fat on bullets is going to do nothing to actually deter Muslim combatants from coming over. It's done out of spite, not for any worthy goal. 

The Azov battalion are Nazis and should be dissolved. 

This is war. No way to know if the strategy works or not. It's entirely possible for people to do it for just the mental impact and not actually hate the race or religion. They are the invading enemy.

If the video was from Azov then it likely has more meaning attached. The action itself isn't racist or necessarily prejudiced.

3 minutes ago, Link200 said:

This is war. No way to know if the strategy works or not. It's entirely possible for people to do it for just the mental impact and not actually hate the race or religion. They are the invading enemy.

If the video was from Azov then it likely has more meaning attached. The action itself isn't racist or necessarily prejudiced.

I can all but assure you that Azov would do the same act if the invaders were Jews.

Azov are Nazis and they did it for purely racist reasons.  Period.  End of story.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I can all but assure you that Azov would do the same act if the invaders were Jews.

Azov are Nazis and they did it for purely racist reasons.  Period.  End of story.

I didn't recall the video being from them. If it was then yes, they would likely even attack and do the same thing.

I'm just saying the action itself (outside of neo-Nazis) is not necessarily born out of hate but a potential counter to an invading force.

Edit: We can stop. I ultimately am just starting to get pissed off about how terms get misused and diluted within culture when they should have an impact.

Carry on with the tweet feed 👍

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

THANK YOU. All this semantic talk is what racists and supremacists have been using FOR YEARS to wink and nod their way into mainstream society and people are STILL falling for it... or are they? :hmm:

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

THANK YOU. All this semantic talk is what racists and supremacists have been using FOR YEARS to wink and nod their way into mainstream society and people are STILL falling for it... or are they? :hmm:

I mean we have someone in this thread right now claiming that targeting a religious group with something that goes against their religion might not aktually be a bad thing. So yeah, it's working. This is the last I'll comment on this here.

1 minute ago, Link200 said:

I'm just saying the action itself (outside of neo-Nazis) is not necessarily born out of hate but a potential counter to an invading force.

Dude, one of the first things commanders in tne military do is dehumanize the enemy to make it easier to kill them. They often do it based on racial, religious and cultural lines. Racism is a KEY weapon and tactic in warfare. It's how Germans become "Krauts" and "Huns". How The Japanese become "Slopes", "Slants" and "Japs". Somali's become "Skinnys" etc.. etc. It's ALL steeped in racism regardless of which side is doing it. Don't know how anyone can deny that with a straight face in 2022 :|

I mean we have someone in this thread right now claiming that targeting a religious group with something that goes against their religion might not aktually be a bad thing. So yeah, it's working. This is the last I'll comment on this here.

Yeah I'm implying that they may not falling for it,  They might be in on it :shh:

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The Vatican does indeed have a security force. 

200?cb=20080702183532
MILITARY-HISTORY.FANDOM.COM

The Stand of the Swiss Guard took place during the sacking of Rome on May 6, 1527, when the Pope's Swiss guards held off the army of Charles V that went mountainous long enough for Pope Clement to escape. The Vatican and the Papal States were part of the faction that opposed the Habsburg dynasty in the 1520s, an opposition that led to war when Pope Clement VII appealed to France for aid. The Habsburg army, composed of Imperial and...

Putin has allegedly told Macron that he will order a stop to strikes against military targets. lol yeah sure. They'll just relabel them as de-nazification strikes and that there were secret Ukrainian nazis in those locations.

It has to be a good sign that Putin is still communicating with the outside. Complete silence would worry me.