Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (27 June 2024) - US/Israel in talks to supply 8 Patriot systems to Ukraine

8 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

These are the important words to know on any language.

Suka (sooka) basically means bitch, but is more fun to say. Blyat' (bilyiad) also kind of means bitch/whore, but is exclaimed like "fuck!" You can also put them together into blyat' suka. Double bitch.

Edit - so in a situation where you'd say "what the fuuuuuuck," you could say "blyaaaaat'."

This is yet another piece of evidence to my theory that Putin is a decent tactician, but is an absolutely horrible strategist. Every move he has made in the last two decades has backfired and accomplished the exact opposite of what was intended. 

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the peace negotiations are simply being used to communicate to Ukraine face to face that any further resistance will result in the use of tactical nuclear weapons on Kyiv and other important areas within Ukraine.  

I may be wrong, but I don’t believe a tactical nuke has ever been used in combat and I imagine that using one now would be viewed as a dramatic escalation that would accomplish nothing other than get the rest of the world seriously angry.

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t believe a tactical nuke has ever been used in combat and I imagine that using one now would be viewed as a dramatic escalation that would accomplish nothing other than get the rest of the world seriously angry.

The rest of the world is already angry.  Also, threatening the use of a tactical nuke to force a surrender is different than actually using one.  In the event that Russia did use one, even if it was just detonated in such a way that results in little to no destruction in order to scare Ukraine...I don't know what the west would do next.  But I don't think it would necessarily be a nuclear tit-for-tat response from any of the western nuclear powers. 

53 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Complete withdrawal, including from Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk, in exchange for guarantee by Ukraine not to join NATO (but still leave the EU open for consideration)

Or

Russia can keep Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk, but Ukraine will join NATO and the EU.

Russia will do it again unless they withdraw

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

So judging by my dad FN is fear mongering the world ending this morning?

People vacillate wildly between wanting Joe's "toughness" alone to dictate the actions of every nation on earth(like Trump woulda!)....and blaming Joe for the end of the world when Putin merely points at his nukes like Principle Skinner rubbing his fingers together(the finger thing means nukes!).

It's not sexy, and you don't get to show an American bomber making big explosions on TV, but I'd say the response has been about as good as it could be given the guardrails everyone knows are in place.

American intelligence counter trolling prevented any but the most conspiracy minded from taking any of the Russian justifications seriously. And it sounds like we have been the one of the forces not only lining up support for sanctions, but actually pressuring some of the Europeans to do the right thing.

It's frustrating that the Trumpers act like they're so different from the Bush people when really it comes down to the same play for them. Big dick swagger photo ops = strength. Diplomacy and uniting allies = wussy.

The National Guard of Ukraine has posted video of Azov Battalion members (who are part of the National Guard command structure) greasing bullets with pig lard to shoot at Kadyrov's troops--who are largely Muslim. 

This is fucking infuriating. The stupid urban legend has progressed to a point to where it's real life now. Racism is everywhere (as we've seen in this conflict), but this is especially heinous. These soldiers should be stripped of their positions and discharged. Azov Battalion should be liquidated from the national guard. The people responsible for this tweet should be sacked. 

• Guillotine 3
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Though I live in a small Canadian city, we unfortunately have an oil refinery and steel plant at the edge of the city, which unfortunately likely puts us on a Russian ICBM strike list in the event of a full exchange.

You're worried? I live in FL, a state where a good portion of the US wouldn't mind nuking.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CayceG said:

The National Guard of Ukraine has posted video of Azov Battalion members (who are part of the National Guard command structure) greasing bullets with pig lard to shoot at Kadyrov's troops--who are largely Muslim. 

This is fucking infuriating. The stupid urban legend has progressed to a point to where it's real life now. Racism is everywhere (as we've seen in this conflict), but this is especially heinous. These soldiers should be stripped of their positions and discharged. Azov Battalion should be liquidated from the national guard. The people responsible for this tweet should be sacked. 

Ugh.

I expected nothing less from the scum that constitute the Azov Battalion. 

10 minutes ago, Ominous said:

How does trash Iike this get elected?

Gerrymandering and blind partisanship.

I am not sure if the former is directly applicable in this case(though I strongly suspect it is) the latter was on display just this week when the Governor of AZ defended his support of a white nationalist by saying(only very small paraphrase) "better a white nationalist than a Democrat".

• True 1

13 minutes ago, Ominous said:

If the Russian armed forces were a "super hero" spacer.png

At least Gadget came out of things alive and with his task done (even though Penny and Brain did it for him)

The Russians are more like the Chief trying to hand over the newest assignment for Gadget to do (which could get him killed) only to have it returned and blowup in his face.

inspector gadget GIF