Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (27 June 2024) - US/Israel in talks to supply 8 Patriot systems to Ukraine

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Also, CNN appears to have their dam stories confused.

The Russians supposedly tried to blow up the dam near Kyiv yesterday, but the missile was intercepted. They DID blow up a damn on a canal that blocked freshwater flowing to Crimea earlier today.

THAT seems correct. The canal was flowing as early as the day after action started. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
_123433392_p0brf3f6.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

The BBC's Sarah Rainsford visits Dnipro, where women are making Molotov cocktails to defend the city.

They are putting shredded styrofoam into each bottle so that the fuel becomes a gel when it ignites, sticking to vehicles and soldiers.

My friends used to do this in highschool (not in a bottle, just mixing gas and Styrofoam). It's very messy and burns for a long time. They would also snip the heads of thousands of strike-anywhere matches and stuff them into a tennis ball and then throw it at a brick wall.

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

My favorite part is people adding "Hashtag CONFIRMED" to their tweets. Like it means anything without attribution. 

It's like when your grandpa gets a certificate of authenticity with that Trump coin he bought from an infomercial on Fox Business last Saturday night.

16 minutes ago, CayceG said:

My favorite part is people adding "Hashtag CONFIRMED" to their tweets. Like it means anything without attribution. 

Depends where they are sending the funds and the “pass through” bank would have to be cool with the risk from their own country/financial system should it be traced. 

12 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Since a lot of this is so new to me, with all these sanctions and the world cutting off Russia, how does that affect the daily life of Russian civilians? Like big time right? 

Quite frankly, it will be catastrophic.

The value of the ruble will likely plunge which will lead to immediate hyperinflation.

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

This is good, in case Russia is able to knock out other comms systems in Ukraine.  But seeing as how they haven't done so yet, leads me to believe they have a bunch of Gomer Pyle's running the invasion operation. 

I was thinking about this earlier, how starlink may be used to get around some internet restrictions.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

This is good, in case Russia is able to knock out other comms systems in Ukraine.  But seeing as how they haven't done so yet, leads me to believe they have a bunch of Gomer Pyle's running the invasion operation. 

I was wondering if they could of done something with Starlink internet access points. This will hopefully come through and keep their communications going for the fight and their people.

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I was wondering if they could of done something with Starlink internet access points. This will hopefully come through and keep their communications going for the fight and their people.

There's always geo stationary internet too, but it's obviously less ideal than Starlink given its 600+ ping alone isn't going to make for fast access