Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (27 June 2024) - US/Israel in talks to supply 8 Patriot systems to Ukraine

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's fucking beautiful and inspiring, is what it is.

It’s virtuous… as much courage as possible without falling into the category of being foolhardy. The way the Ukrainians are fighting for their country has left me with a sense of awe. 

I was thinking of a scene from Battlestar Galactica where it was looking grim for Galactica during an insane rescue attempt season 3 and the Battlestar Pegasus comes in at the last second to save the day. It would be something if we could be Pegasus right now, to see our military go in  and just start knocking the shit out of Russia. I know it won’t happen and the risks are too incredible to fathom, but damn I wish we could help them!

The Ukrainians are claiming that the Russian incursion along Peremohy Avenue into the Kyiv city center has been repulsed.

In addition, they are claiming that an attempted Russian airborne landing in the southeastern city of Nikolaev was also repulsed.

At this point, if there is any grain of truth to what the Ukrainians are claiming, I'm going to clearly state that Russia is ACTUALLY LOSING this war on both a strategic and tactical level.  Quite frankly, EVERYTHING the Russians have done so far seems ill-conceived, poorly-planned, totally half-assed in execution, or some combination thereof.

And long may it continue!

• Like 1
  • Sicko 2
  • Ukraine 12

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Is Russia showing us that tanks are the new battleships as in they are completely obsolete in modern warfare? I feel like they are just too big bulky, costly and vunerable to infantry fired anti tank weapondry to be effective on anything other than giant open flat fields.

Tanks are ABSOLUTELY obsolete in modern warfare which is why the US Army is gradually trying to get out of the heavy armor business, just as the USMC already has.

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

It's crazy how in these videos I can't see the fights at all, like if I was a soldier I'd get spawn camped and not know what happened. 

Yeah, that’s pretty much how combat works in 90% of scenarios. Modern soldiers can almost never actually see what they’re shooting at.

17 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

15 minutes ago, silentbob said:

EDIT: THAT☝🏼

I know we keep asking for new emoji response images. Could we switch the upvote to a sunflower image instead. Oh great and wise @Commissar SFLUFAN

It doesn't look very good as a reaction in its current form.

If someone can isolate the circular part and shrink it a bit, then it'll work.

2 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

If Russia didn't take Kyiv last night then yes it's time to say that Russia is losing. 

Only problem is how losing this will make vlad desperate...

I’m interested to see how the Russian elite around Putin takes “losing.” When do they say enough 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can you imagine any of Canada or the US' leaders (modern day) staying while being encircled by an enemy that will surely kill you?

Trump would have repeated his performance from Stoneman Douglas and valiantly rushed forward to defeat the enclosing onslaught with his bare, bigly hands.