Way of the House Husband coming to Netflix this April 8...

So yourself a favor and check this one out...

The series is based on the Viz licensed series by the same name...

VIZMedia-share-tmp-600x314.png
WWW.VIZ.COM

It’s a day in the life of a househusband—only this one is the legendary yakuza “the Immortal Dragon”!

Here's my quick summary. It's about a legendary yakuza hitman that hangs up his life of crime to support his new wife's career. He takes everything VERY seriously. It's hilarious. There really aren't enough sincerely great comedy anime that could work well for anybody, but this one fits the bill.

This one is fun in either English or Japanese. I guess there are a ton of manga fans upset this isn't a traditional anime, but fuck that. The author didn't want an anime and opted for an animated comic and it really works well for this comedy. I'm a fan. There's no need to stretch a three panel joke into ten minutes when it can be told just as well in a fraction of one.

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

...What the hell am I watching?!?

It's like the cast of the Yakuza games decided to swear off violence, settle down, and get regular jobs. Only they still have the same gusto they had for slot car racing and karaoke.

• 4 months later...