~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is one of those things that needs to be made clear every so often. Twitter and Reddit is not a representative sample of anything. Just because like three people on Twitter get upset someone didn't use Latinx doesn't make it a big thing. The very rare cases I've come across folks they were more appreciative of Latinx than outright demanding the term be used in some militant, angry fashion.

This feels like pronouns. I've gotten them wrong in the past, and I just get corrected and move on. According to right wing Twitter, people are having their lives ruined over honest mistakes.

I mostly agree with this on pronouns, but there are some. A starbucks worker in the UK attacked an older couple on video (who were both polite), and the woman apparently called them sir. Now, this person could have definitely identified as either, they didn't look particularly female (and standard starbucks barista uniform) or especially manly, very tall, colored hair. The woman wasn't rude, she apologized as this person railed at her, before attacking her husband and trying to take his phone demanding he give it to her. She physically assaulted him for it. Starbucks fired them, police are investigating the assault. This happened this week. 

I want to be clear, I KNOW this isn't the norm for misgendering, but the video got millions of views and was passed all around social media. That's what terminally online people see. Nobody gets to see a video of a trans person kindly explaining it, they get to see video after video of this stuff, and people aren't very good at seperating what others show them from what is actually happening. Unfortunately these videos always hurt trans people, and makes a lot of people think this is what to expect from a trans person, especially baby boomers. 

Social media is a disease. People will believe anything. Again today I saw I guy I know, a highschool dropout explaining the science to everyone on how the twin towers had to have been blown up. Now, I don't particularly like the guy, so I did point out that's a lot of interesting science from a guy who can barely read and doesn't use use punctuation, before linking to proof he was wrong. I was blocked within minutes. Truth doesn't matter, just belief. 

10 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Like I said, I see many people of mexican descent say they are latino, bith men and women, including some I know.

How many of these are additional alternate personas of yours? 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

JFC. 6 year old gets his mom's pistol and shoots his teacher and now the mom is talking about his ADHD and how he felt ignored by his teacher.

You dumbass, this is on you. Period.

645bdc9e2600006200f0b80e.jpeg?cache=WvRh
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

Deja Taylor told “Good Morning America” she believes that her son’s actions were connected to his ADHD diagnosis.

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 1

18 minutes ago, chakoo said:
93d86345742515e1869343a590c0bbe7.jpg
JEZEBEL.COM

Harold Thompson choked and then murdered his partner, Gabriella Gonzalez, in a parking lot in Dallas the day she returned from having an abortion in Colorado.

:frustrated:

How long until we get a guy shooting his girlfriend for mentioning that she wants to get an abortion before she gets the abortion?

On 5/10/2023 at 4:07 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

JFC. 6 year old gets his mom's pistol and shoots his teacher and now the mom is talking about his ADHD and how he felt ignored by his teacher.

WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

Deja Taylor told “Good Morning America” she believes that her son’s actions were connected to his ADHD diagnosis.

inside-out.gif

OH I DON'T KNOW LADY, MAYBE REALISE THAT IF YOUR KID IS HAVING MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS, GET HIM THERAPY AND DON'T KEEP LOADED GUNS AROUND, FUCK

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

inside-out.gif

OH I DON'T KNOW LADY, MAYBE REALISE THAT IF YOUR KID IS HAVING MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS, GET HIM THERAPY AND DON'T KEEP LOADED GUNS AROUND, FUCK

The teacher should’ve had a fun in the classroom to keep him focused. 

I want to be clear that I definitely wrote “gun” in that sentence, no typo, and my phone autocorrected it to “fun”. That’s not at all concerning. 

8 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Nobody was hurt physically except for their ears. But watch to the end. It’s horrifying all the same.

Insurance. Licenses. Heavy financial and jail penalties for this kind of negligence are needed. 

They just needed a good couch with a gun to combat the bad couch with a gun.

• Haha 3

The guy shot the gun a 2nd time at the end of that video or am I hearing things? I don’t know whether they were smart or stupid to post the video to the internet. Yes it’s good to show kids “Guns are scary and dangerous.” Then I also think of this generation of people. Who could just be posting it for the likes because it seems like something that could go viral for them. 

4 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

We can get that number up. Come on America!

Seriously, those are rookie numbers

(Yes I realize that's incredibly insensitive to say, but I don't know the people who have been killed. If I actually reacted emotionally the way I should to every mass shooting, I would have no tears left, so I resort to being flippant)

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Seriously, those are rookie numbers

(Yes I realize that's incredibly insensitive to say, but I don't know the people who have been killed. If I actually reacted emotionally the way I should to every mass shooting, I would have no tears left, so I resort to being flippant)

It’s gallows humor, there’s nothing we’re doing to effect change on this topic so now all that you can do is accept it and minimize your risk.

• Halal 1

45 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

It’s gallows humor, there’s nothing we’re doing to effect change on this topic so now all that you can do is accept it and minimize your risk.

"Gallows humor," thank you, I knew there was a name for it that was on the tip of my tongue.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:07 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

I stand firm in my belief that guns are not secure in the overwhelming majority of homes in which they’re present.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:53 PM, Jason said:

kan6m1h50nza1.png?width=511&auto=webp&v=

This clip has layers.

• Haha 1

Sorry for a Twitter link:

So I would like an explanation from the second amendment defenders. If I saw that guy outside my daughter’s school I could justifiably kill him right? I feel threatened, so I’m allowed to buy a gun and kill anyone whenever I feel threatened right? Is that how it works? A gun is a magical tool that lets me murder who I want? 

Sorry, I don’t want to ruin the lifestyle of millions of gun owners. 

• Halal 1

10 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

So I would like an explanation from the second amendment defenders. If I saw that guy outside my daughter’s school I could justifiably kill him right? I feel threatened, so I’m allowed to buy a gun and kill anyone whenever I feel threatened right? Is that how it works? A gun is a magical tool that lets me murder who I want? 

Look at those moobs

gods gun owners are weak pathetic fucks

On 5/19/2023 at 7:52 PM, thewhyteboar said:

….it really depends are you as skilled a thespian as Kyle Rittenhouse? Hows your crying?