~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

I’ve typed and deleted about 5 different replies. Let’s just say this: this is no reason for anyone to own a gun, and every day that goes on without a ban—a total ban of every single type of gun that exists—is a day that allows evil into homes, schools, and public spaces. The cost of owning this deadly object is paid in the blood of children, and you need to look deeply into a mirror and decide how much blood you are willing to pay for your hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Content warning: graphic description of gunshot trauma:

Spoiler

"I never imagined in 100 years I would be thrust into the position of being the first first responder on the site to take care of people," he shared. "The first girl I walked up to was crouched down covering her head in the bushes, so I felt for a pulse, pulled her head to the side and she had no face."

Spainhouer said he also found a child, who survived while covered by his protective mother who had been killed.

"When I rolled the mother over, he came out. I asked him if he was OK and he said, 'My mom is hurt, my mom is hurt.' So rather than traumatize him, I pulled him around the corner sat him down and he was covered from head to toe...like somebody poured blood on him."

screenshot-2023-05-06-221846.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

Steven Spainhouer said he found a child, who survived while covered by his protective mother who had been killed.

I've noticed recently it seems like they're putting more of these descriptions in news stories about this stuff, and I've seen more than one commentary site publish articles titled something like "What an AR-15 round does inside the body." I think people in journalism are as sick of this shit as anyone else, but who knows if that can actually affect change when one entire political party plus most of the Supreme Court still can't be bothered to give a shit.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Content warning: graphic description of gunshot trauma:

Hide contents

"I never imagined in 100 years I would be thrust into the position of being the first first responder on the site to take care of people," he shared. "The first girl I walked up to was crouched down covering her head in the bushes, so I felt for a pulse, pulled her head to the side and she had no face."

Spainhouer said he also found a child, who survived while covered by his protective mother who had been killed.

"When I rolled the mother over, he came out. I asked him if he was OK and he said, 'My mom is hurt, my mom is hurt.' So rather than traumatize him, I pulled him around the corner sat him down and he was covered from head to toe...like somebody poured blood on him."

screenshot-2023-05-06-221846.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

Steven Spainhouer said he found a child, who survived while covered by his protective mother who had been killed.

I've noticed recently it seems like they're putting more of these descriptions in news stories about this stuff, and I've seen more than one commentary site publish articles titled something like "What an AR-15 round does inside the body." I think people in journalism are as sick of this shit as anyone else, but who knows if that can actually affect change when one entire political party plus most of the Supreme Court still can't be bothered to give a shit.

Journalists doing their job and reporting on what this shit actually means? I'm here for it. 

• Halal 2

6 hours ago, Nokra said:

Journalists doing their job and reporting on what this shit actually means? I'm here for it. 

I think part of the problem has been the media and governments work in sanitizing gun violence. Censorship, etc. If they love dying Jesus they can see dead children caused by their love of guns. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

I think part of the problem has been the media and governments work in sanitizing gun violence. Censorship, etc. If they love dying Jesus they can see dead children caused by their love of guns. 

One of the most harrowing things I've ever read was an account of one of the survivors of Uvalde. Playing dead while covered in the corpses of your classmates. If you hear about that and still want to justify having your toys.... I don't know what else to say.

Everyone thinks they're John McClain in their own head. If someone breaks into your house, they're just after your shit. If they're not after your shit, the gun isn't going to help you unless you keep a loaded gun under your pillow. And if you keep a loaded gun under your pillow, it is like 1000% more likely that if it is ever discharged, it won't hurt some hypothetical intruder. It will hit you or someone you love.

I've said it before, there are people who live in rural areas who do need to shoot things like coyotes, wolves, and boars from time to time, but they don't need a glock or an assault rifle to do it.

• Halal 2

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Allen Texas shhoting may be possible Domestic Terror. Gevernor Abbot says Texas should focus on mental health... and by that he means shooting mentally unwell people.

"we don't have a gun problem, we have a mental health problem."

"Okay, so do you want to expand medicare benefits to make access to mental health care more widely available?"

"lol, what?! absolutely not."

• True 2
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

CNN is reporting that they've heard from Law Enforcement sources that the guy was motivated by Right Wing ideology and that he had patches on his gear linked to right wing movments...

Yeah but he sounds Mexican.  Checkmate libtards

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

CNN is reporting that they've heard from Law Enforcement sources that the guy was motivated by Right Wing ideology and that he had patches on his gear linked to right wing movments...

A Nazi. RWDS (Right Wing Death Squad) patch. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 1

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No one could have predicted this.

Katy Trail is an awesome spot for a walk. It used to be a train line and it's all been converted to a high rise walking path with gardens and stuff like that. Fuck man people are just trying to get some air and walk their dogs.

Re: whatever is happening there now in Dallas

Edit: no updates, the other article was from another incident years ago. Sorry about that there's crap flying all over the place locally

Also now there's helicopters on my side of town. (Away from all this, we're more zoo animal kidnappings)

AllenTexasCrosses-1.jpeg?w=1600&h=900&cr
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

A man who shot multiple people at an Allen, TX mall frequently posted white supremacist and neo-Nazi materials on social media, an FBI document says.

Rolling Stone reports that the shooter in Allen was kicked out of the Army in 2008 due to mental health concerns.

The FBI’s “review and triage of the subject’s social media accounts revealed hundreds of postings and images to include writings with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist rhetoric, including neo-Nazi materials and material espousing the supremacy of the white race,” the bulletin reads.  

The document also says the alleged shooter was discharged from the military in 2008 amid “mental health concerns.”

Investigators believe the shooter was a neo-Nazi and an “incel,” according to an internal email circulated by Texas law enforcement.

The Army said he shouldn't be around and didn't want him having a gun. 

He was an incel. 

His social media was steeped in neo-Nazi material. 

We should be doing far more to identify, track, and prevent these people from doing harm. 

• True 2

Read a Tweet about the shooting to not blame the Texas politicians, but the Texans who voted them in after the grid and Uvalde.

Texas has some of the worst voter suppression in the country. The legislature is trying to make it so the Secretary of State can rerun elections in Harris County if they feel like there's evidence of voter fraud. But keep victim-blaming, I guess.

• Halal 1

Its such a fun game, the gun violence in Texas is overwhelming… you campaign to deal with it through legislation and youre guaranteeing an election loss… at this point what else is left? 

In continuation of the battle against the undesired and the influence of culture war propaganda

230507135047-01-brownsville-texas-shelte
AMP.CNN.COM

A driver plowed into a group outside a shelter that had been housing migrants in a Texas border town on Sunday, leaving eight people dead -- including several immigrants -- and close to a dozen...

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well states with the highest populations of non-tanning folks to be honest. Hence the suppression.

Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, and Texas all have a small white majority or even a minority. Texas is only like 40% white (though that's complicated because the census only kind of considers white and Hispanic to be different things and the language is kind of confusing). Mississippi is majority black. Louisiana is slightly majority white, but new Orleans is majority black.

That's what I mean, it's the white minority (or dangerously close to a minority) tying to keep themselves in power where you find the most oppressive voting laws

• True 1
  • Halal 1

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, and Texas all have a small white majority or even a minority. Texas is only like 40% white (though that's complicated because the census only kind of considers white and Hispanic to be different things and the language is kind of confusing). Mississippi is majority black. Louisiana is slightly majority white, but new Orleans is majority black.

That's what I mean, it's the white minority (or dangerously close to a minority) tying to keep themselves in power where you find the most oppressive voting laws

I recently learned Mississippi doesn't even have in-person early voting.

I've complained about how bad voter suppression is in Texas, but I didn't realize it was even worse in other states.

As a middle school teacher I have received tourniquet training already but due to our state's new "Parental Rights" law I'm unable to give students even a simple Band-Aid unless their parents have been notified ahead of time. Go figure.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1