~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

14 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m sick of these dishonest, bad faith (hehehe) bullshitters. He damn well knows the difference 

I feel at this stage there are 3 kinds of people:

1. The rationalists: they know guns are responsible for all the death and want them banned or severely limited

2. The delusional: they have their heads stuck in the sands still cause they like their hobby or just can't accept the reality of the situation

3. The fetishists: they don't give a shit about death because their whole identity is wrapped up in some Charles Bronson/Die Hard fantasy.

So other countries have similar rates of mental health instabilty as us and they don't have the gun violence. In China, mentally unstable people have targeted CHILDREN with knives on several occasions. They have nowhere near the body counts that we have here. I wonder why:hmm:

Also in the frontier west when monied interests wanted to build up towns, particularly mining towns what was they FIRST thing they did? They got local governments to outlaw weapons IN THE CITY LIMITS because shoot outs were so bad. This happened in the cowboy west.  If folks want to get this shit under control they could. They won't because one party is out of ideas and all they have left is appealing to the worse natures of their contistituents. We might as well just lock this thread and except that we live in the largest, most wealthy banana republic in the history of the world... with nukes.

Someone at my daughters HS butt dialed their parents in the locker room.. someone slammed a locker shut and apparently it sounded like a gunshot.. the fact that the student butt dialed meant he couldnt respond to the panicked parent yelling for the

so the parent called cops.. police responded in force.. my kid going between classes was holding the door for the cops…better safe than sorry and a wuick response but it sucks that this is our new norm..

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

I feel at this stage there are 3 kinds of people:

1. The rationalists: they know guns are responsible for all the death and want them banned or severely limited

2. The delusional: they have their heads stuck in the sands still cause they like their hobby or just can't accept the reality of the situation

3. The fetishists: they don't give a shit about death because their whole identity is wrapped up in some Charles Bronson/Die Hard fantasy.

I do want to add a fouth class.

The scared: Enjoys the hobby aspect but ultimately just fears their neighbors. 

One of my friends is like that. I couldn't believe he was disagreeing with me. It's this bizzare irrational fear of other people. I don't really understand it. I hit him with the gun control would reduce casualties and downgrade these events from mass shootings to suicides, assault, and/or homicide. I just don't understand the lack of empathy to not think a ban on semiautomatic high capacity pistols and rifles. It's similar to the Die Hard types but their vision is limited to having a gun for break ins. 

I live in the hood and I generally just leave my door unlocked. We had a break in and the most annoying thing was them breaking in. Rather just leave the door open. 

Lol I'm gonna t ell my boy I leave my door unlocked.

9 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I do want to add a fouth class.

The scared: Enjoys the hobby aspect but ultimately just fears their neighbors. 

One of my friends is like that. I couldn't believe he was disagreeing with me. It's this bizzare irrational fear of other people. I don't really understand it. I hit him with the gun control would reduce casualties and downgrade these events from mass shootings to suicides, assault, and/or homicide. I just don't understand the lack of empathy to not think a ban on semiautomatic high capacity pistols and rifles. It's similar to the Die Hard types but their vision is limited to having a gun for break ins. 

I live in the hood and I generally just leave my door unlocked. We had a break in and the most annoying thing was them breaking in. Rather just leave the door open. 

Lol I'm gonna t ell my boy I leave my door unlocked.

Various news groups are to blame for this shit, people bombarded with stories about crime all the time make people believe at any moment society is going to devolve into utter chaos and take all their shit, and i hear people like this all the time in rural NY, one lady i worked with was describing going to one of our walmarts in the small city area near us like she was in the movie blackhawk down, and it was really cause she saw poorer people, and minorities, she of course survived the ordeal no problem.

• True 1

22 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Various news groups are to blame for this shit, people bombarded with stories about crime all the time make people believe at any moment society is going to devolve into utter chaos and take all their shit, and i hear people like this all the time in rural NY, one lady i worked with was describing going to one of our walmarts in the small city area near us like she was in the movie blackhawk down, and it was really cause she saw poorer people, and minorities, she of course survived the ordeal no problem.

From my mother I think people just flat out don't understand probability and statistics. Not in the definition of those things but their minds don't understand the concepts. 

Everything is scary to my mom and I don't understand it because this woman was legit attacked in Colombia. We were there together to introduce her to my ex and she went to visit her sisters and on the way back some dudes on motorcycles tried to steal the taxi she was in or pull them over to rob them. She was shot at in this event.

Our country is like bazaro world. Our gun culture is insane quite frankly. I support gun ownership for recreational shooting, competirive shooting, collectors, the revolution, etc.

I have seen this commercial about soldier suicides and it's a commercial as a PSA for gun storage safety. My brother in Christ as a person that is technically only alive because suicide was never as easy as getting a loaded gun and pulling the trigger. Papa you're gonna be better off without the gun in your house. It's just safer. I still wouldn't buy even a ww2/ww1 era rifle because I the chances of me shooting myself isn't 0. If it ever becomes that sure but at this point no. Maybe like the old caliber Martini-Henry or rifles that use paper cartridges. I need/want that delay of I have to make my own/buy ammo atleast.

8 hours ago, silentbob said:

Only thing not to get shot up, will be his song on any music chart. Fuck him and anyone who uses violence for their own fucking attention. 

I'm actually really annoyed that all the news sites reporting on the connection to the release of his music video all link to it.

• True 3

How about this one:

2 children call a stranger on the street an "NPC" (apparently a videogame inspired insult) and he responds by chasing them down into a Dollar Tree store and stabbing the 11 year old twice, hitting his lung and liver.

police-siren.jpg
GAMERANT.COM

An 11-year-old child is stabbed multiple times at a Dollar Tree store after calling a 29-year-old man an 'NPC.'

This world getting crazier by the day:epilepsy:

• Sad 1

One unverified report about the shooting of Ralph claimed the first shot was through the door, and then the man tried to finish him off with a headshot outside. If true, jeeeez.

I flat out can’t wrap my head around feeling that fearful all the time. Must be exhausting.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

One unverified report about the shooting of Ralph claimed the first shot was through the door, and then the man tried to finish him off with a headshot outside. If true, jeeeez.

I flat out can’t wrap my head around feeling that fearful all the time. Must be exhausting.

It's allwhite

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I might be a bit perplexed if my doorbell rang at 10pm, but the idea of shooting someone is just beyond me. Fucking sickening.

Ya. Like, I’d even understand an old man getting his gun at that hour, just in case if they were that worried. But he didn’t even need to open the door, just a loud, “yes, Can I help you?”

“Hey, I’m looking to pick up my siblings, is this the right place?”

”No, I’m sorry, wrong house”

”ok, Thank you”

it was that fucking simple. There was never a need to face him, nothing. Straight execution. And he sure as hell can’t claim stand your ground or castle law, there was no demand to leave, forced entry or attack, no threar or danger.

this one is just a baffling awful decision. 

So we've gone over scary people knocking at our doors unexpectedly.  How do we feel about a random car pulling into your driveway? This woman and her friends were looking for a friend's house when they got a little lost, pulled into the wrong driveway, and the 65 year old home owner opened fire on them and killed one of the girls.
Shooter looks pretty much like what you would expect.

198D9B040405AB8A2C4025B0FFE129FD.jpg
WNYT.COM

A press conference is planned for 1 p.m. Monday afternoon in a Hebron, Washington County shooting that left a 20-year-old woman dead.

• Sad 1

On 4/10/2023 at 10:39 PM, unogueen said:

Yeah, but a modern test. With discounting the latest science. This took root far faster than climate change denial.

Simply because COVID policies had immediate and tangible effects on people. Climate change policy barely has any real-world implications on many people - at least the policies we've tried to implement in this country. 

230329084433-hponly20230329-children-gun
WWW.CNN.COM

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020.

Firearms accounted for nearly 19% of childhood deaths (ages 1-18) in 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Wonder database. Nearly 3,600 children died in gun-related incidents that year. That’s about five children lost for every 100,000 children in the United States.