~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

I think I vaguely remember that. I don't see how anyone can honestly look at American gun culture, and not think there is a problem, even if they themselves are pro-gun. We always hear about "responsible gun owners", but how many of them are actually, truly responsible? Just because they're not robbing banks, and going on a shooting spree doesn't mean they're responsible. 

The gun nuts that love to say they need a gun for protection, OK a handgun or a shotgun even I could understand, but a fully auto M4A1? A gun that is designed for urban combat? What kind of enemies are you making that you need a gun like that for protection? "Yeah but what if someone comes in to murder my kids and rape my wife? I need the gun to stop that from happening!" Why are you fantasizing about your family getting raped and murdered, and you killing the bad guys? You're not John Wick going to take down a squad of commando assassins! 

15 hours ago, Brick said:

I always wondered about signs like that and wondered what if my car broke down, and I was coming to knock on your front door to ask for help? I'm clearly not armed, but are they really going to rush out with a shotgun pointed at me telling me to get off their property? 

15 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

If you’re black or brown, it’s a pretty good chance. Remember the story from a year or so ago of the Black teenager who missed the bus and knocked on someone’s door and he was shot at by the husband? 

Did the guy not even answer the door, he just shot straight through it with a shotgun? That's how I remember it (though I am likely wrong).

53 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Did the guy not even answer the door, he just shot straight through it with a shotgun? That's how I remember it (though I am likely wrong).

Not quite, he asked for directions and then the guy came out with a shotgun pointed in his face. Kid ran away and the guy tried to shoot him in the back, but missed.

screen-shot-2018-10-12-at-5-29-18-pm.png
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The 14-year-old missed the school bus and walked up to the house to ask for directions. The homeowner grabbed his gun

Kids get shot through doors all the time, though...

578e7c444321f16c018b9607?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The homeowner shot the teen in the abdomen.

140808-renisha-mcbride-mn-1500-606636.jp
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A suburban Detroit man was sentenced to a minimum of 17 years in prison for the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old woman on his porch last November.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Why did Portland turn to shit?  It seems like just a few years ago it was a mecca for dweebs and hipsters. Now they have daily shootings and riots downtown. And a lot of homeless people too.

More guns = more shootings

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

More guns = more shootings

I'd be interested to know the "time to crime" on the weapons recovered after a gun crime is committed in Portland. 

Oregon has universal background checks.  I know that isn't your point per se, but no gun can be sold in Oregon without it going to an FFL for a transfer, even private party sales. Same with its neighbors Washington, California, and Nevada.  Idaho is the only bordering state that doesn't require background checks on private party sales. 

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Why did Portland turn to shit?  It seems like just a few years ago it was a mecca for dweebs and hipsters. Now they have daily shootings and riots downtown. And a lot of homeless people too.

Well @Jasoncould explain the homeless thing. As for the rest, it's not as bad as people say. There's like 4 square blocks of downtown that have been boarded up/vandalized, the rest of the city is fine. I live within walking distance of the horrible no good very bad war zone. And it's not even dangerous at the "riots" until the cops show up. Just kinda maybe don't walk around downtown with a maga hat on and you're good.

13 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Well @Jasoncould explain the homeless thing. As for the rest, it's not as bad as people say. There's like 4 square blocks of downtown that have been boarded up/vandalized, the rest of the city is fine. I live within walking distance of the horrible no good very bad war zone. And it's not even dangerous at the "riots" until the cops show up. Just kinda maybe don't walk around downtown with a maga hat on and you're good.

But this doesn’t fit the “gangland” narrative of gun violence, so whatever. 

17 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I'd be interested to know the "time to crime" on the weapons recovered after a gun crime is committed in Portland. 

Oregon has universal background checks.  I know that isn't your point per se, but no gun can be sold in Oregon without it going to an FFL for a transfer, even private party sales. Same with its neighbors Washington, California, and Nevada.  Idaho is the only bordering state that doesn't require background checks on private party sales. 

gun-traffickers-smuggling-state-gun-laws
NYTI.MS

The effect of state gun control laws is diluted by a thriving underground market for firearms brought from states with few restrictions.

15 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
210524144117-aiden-leos-super-tease.jpg
WWW.CNN.COM

Two people were arrested in a fatal suspected road rage shooting in Orange County, California that killed a 6-year-old boy last month.

I had feared that the Police would not get enough good leads to find the person(s) responsible and make an arrest. 

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Wait, are you claiming most of the shootings, including mass shootings, are perpetrated by the police? 

I originally said rural, which does include the honkies with badges but not exclusively. If it's gone to shit it's about more than mass shootings. 

On 6/8/2021 at 10:30 AM, mclumber1 said:

Wait, are you claiming most of the shootings, including mass shootings, are perpetrated by the police? 

On 6/8/2021 at 10:30 AM, mclumber1 said:

Facts don't matter. Police bad, guns bad.

58 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Damn Right GIF by memecandy

I mean, except its not. Millions of gun owners have never hurt anybody, and cops have Millions of interactions with the public daily where all goes well. Pretending bad cops/gun owners is the norm is absurd. But you all know that..