8 dead in multiple shootings in Atlanta, Asian women appear to have been targeted

EOULQVB2RFA47FJNGZOV5D3XHI.jpg

A 54-year-old woman was slammed in the face with a metal pipe by a stranger on a Chinatown street who yelled, “I came here to f--k up Asians,” police sources said Monday.

Ming Liang was walking home from the grocery store when the bigot screamed the crazed threat and bashed her with the pipe near Grand St. and Ludlow St. near Chinatown about 4:45 p.m. Sunday.

46 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Proud to represent the great state of South Carolina, where there will be a complete breakdown in civil order as soon as the next hurricane hits.

What I'm hearing is Lindsey fantasizes about roving gangs of armed men storming his house. :bj:

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

They're also one of the most common things stolen, lol.

Obviously the solution here is to own a metric shitload of guns so you can shoot them with whichever guns they didn't steal as they're trying to get away with your other guns. 

For a tl:dr, basically America excluded Asian immigrants for decades. When they finally opened up emigration from Asia, they only accepted the highly educated (sound familar to anyone trying to move to a different country?). This led to the "model minority" myth. Essentially, if ASIANS can come here and pull themselves up by their bootstraps, then so can you! So stop bitching! They didn't say that the only Asians they accepted were already doctors or engineers. This fed into the stereotype of Asians being good at everything. Eventually, this pitted Asians against the other minority races as being a twisted sort of "golden child."

It was absolutely designed as a tool of oppression. "What do you mean you have it hard?! The Asians are doing just fine!" "Sure, you only let the astronauts emigrate."

That's why there's such a disparity between Chinese or Japanese immigrants in recent decades and, let's say, Filipino immigrants.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

😬 at the dude who goes and shuts the door while the woman is laying on the ground after being mercilessly beaten 

I try to abstain from bashing people for "inaction," like who the fuck knows what you do when fight or flight takes hold. This is one of those situations where I'm like "what the fuck is wrong with you, do SOMETHING"

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I try to abstain from bashing people for "inaction," like who the fuck knows what you do when fight or flight takes hold. This is one of those situations where I'm like "what the fuck is wrong with you, do SOMETHING"

Yeah, I don’t really fault somebody for not necessarily jumping in to stop a violent attack...but the attack was over and they were just like

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC