VRR on pc helps?

stepee

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've had some games I wouldn't turn V-Sync on and the VRR would work.

But I played RE2 and it didn't look good with it off in game and G-Sync on - Though I believe you can just turn Vsync on in NVIDIA control panel and not in game and it works.

Also supposedly you put a max frame rate in NVIDIA control panel 1 or 2 frames less than the max you want to run and it kicks in (Limit frame rate to 59/58 if you want it running at 60 for example)

Yeah I was reading last night the ideal is 3fps behind your mhz. I locked it to 58fps using rivatuner and it did seem to work well, I think it depends on the frame pacing, though once Vizio supports 60-120hz vrr or if your display already does then I’d imagine it shouldn’t matter as much for 60fps, just you would set 120fps to 117 or 118fps.

Looking more: Keep NVCP V-sync on with gysnc if you want to cap at your monitors refresh rate and avoid tearing. Turn off vsync in the NVCP if you want to uncap when the game hits framerate above the monitor refresh rate. In this mode, you can get tearing at very high framerates, but not when you're under the monitor refresh rate.

Always turn vsync off in the game though.

24 minutes ago, legend said:

Looking more: Keep NVCP V-sync on with gysnc if you want to cap at your monitors refresh rate and avoid tearing. Turn off vsync in the NVCP if you want to uncap when the game hits framerate above the monitor refresh rate. In this mode, you can get tearing at very high framerates, but not when you're under the monitor refresh rate.

Always turn vsync off in the game though.

I believe this is correct! Nvidia really should have some good guides for this.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

I believe this is correct! Nvidia really should have some good guides for this.

Though I guess it’s sort of an alternative that you can also remove all vsync and use rivatuner to lock to 58fps or 118fps or whatever and provided it doesn’t dip below the vrr range you shouldn’t get tearing or stutters and I believe better latency.