The Walking Dead. Where we at?

Derek

I had stopped watching at pretty much the same spot as Derek at the beginning of this thread. Always felt like I should go back and watch the rest that I've missed. TWD was a pretty hot topic years ago. Maybe now that a bunch of episodes are streaming I'll just fast forward my way through the slow parts. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got caught up because I'm basically hate watching it, and just want to see how they'll end it, but it's pretty bad. It's the same thing, over, and over, and not much really happens for long stretches. There was one episode that was so clearly a filler because NOTHING happens until they kill a horse so they can eat the meat and not starve. It was so boring. 

It just keeps repeating the same beats. They're at The Commonwealth now which is an idealic society where things look back to normal, but SURPRISE, it's not as perfect as it seems, and has some dark secrets. Jeeze who could have seen that coming? 

• True 1

there’s not that much to do in a post apocalyptic world with boring zombies. this should have ended after like 3 or 4 seasons. they killed off some interesting/good characters and couldn’t really replace them. i remember people hated Andrea but she was one of my favorite characters. 

23 minutes ago, johnny said:

there’s not that much to do in a post apocalyptic world with boring zombies. this should have ended after like 3 or 4 seasons. they killed off some interesting/good characters and couldn’t really replace them. i remember people hated Andrea but she was one of my favorite characters. 

I kind of hoped Fear the Walking Dead would be a show about people during the actual slow downfall of society. Turns out... nope, they spent all of 4 episodes on that before it just became Walking Dead: California.

And Melissa McBride, who plays Carol, has left the sequel spin-off show that would have starred Daryl and Carol, now only stars Norman Reedus' Daryl. Location shooting far away from her home might be to blame:

the-walking-dead-daryl-and-carol-social-
COLLIDER.COM

The spinoff will now focus solely on Daryl.

So, a sequel show to The Walking Dead starring Daryl only now. It's amazing how many Walking Dead spin off shows there are, I mean 5 TV shows (well, 4 now that the original Walking Dead show is over) and a trilogy of films for Rick is excessive. I mean, is anyone even watching World Beyond? I also feel like releasing World Beyond, which takes place ten years later, means there's no end in sight to the zombie outbreak, which means none of these shows will have real endings (except maybe World Beyond perhaps).

I believe even the main show has had so many time jumps that it too is now about 10 years after it began. Also I don't think it was ever confirmed one way or the other if Rick or Shane was the father of Judith. I believe it was left up to speculation, but Rick didn't care, and raised her as his own regardless. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Didn't happen across a current ongoing thread so figured I'd just post here instead. Alas, at long last, we have reached the end of the road for the OG series. What a fucking run all told. Granted, I kinda lost interest in the ensuing Negan communities war & the skinwalker storyline but I kept my fingers on the pulse of the show. To see that it is truly over now and that all we will really get going forward will be limited run series (aside from Fear the Walking Dead), it's the end of an era that really began just as what Robert Meyer Burnett calls the "Post-Geek Singularity". Time really can be a cruel bitch.

That was a weird ending when really it's setting up these spin-offs that are continuing the story, but I have no interest in watching them. Plus the past few episodes had characters that I had completely forgotten about, because they weren't used at all, come back just to immediately get killed off. 

17 hours ago, Brick said:

That was a weird ending when really it's setting up these spin-offs that are continuing the story, but I have no interest in watching them. Plus the past few episodes had characters that I had completely forgotten about, because they weren't used at all, come back just to immediately get killed off. 

I completely agree. It legit wasn't an ending or a finale at all. Just a set-up for the 2000000000 spin-off shows they're doing. Really awful IMO.