Terraria developer cancels Google Stadia port after YouTube account ban

Jason

"If you're all in on the Google ecosystem, a Google account ban means you lose access to your entire email account; all the pictures you've ever taken; your cell phone service; your ability to communicate with friends and family; all your 2FA accounts; anything that uses Google OAuth; your app development business; your YouTube business and all your followers; your purchased apps, games, movies, music, and books; and all your contacts, documents, bookmarks, and notes".  

This is fucking ridiculous and should be illegal. 

4 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

"If you're all in on the Google ecosystem, a Google account ban means you lose access to your entire email account; all the pictures you've ever taken; your cell phone service; your ability to communicate with friends and family; all your 2FA accounts; anything that uses Google OAuth; your app development business; your YouTube business and all your followers; your purchased apps, games, movies, music, and books; and all your contacts, documents, bookmarks, and notes".  

This is fucking ridiculous and should be illegal. 

If anyone remains unsure in this day and age that Google needs to be smashed into little bits, here is all the clear evidence you will ever need.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Because the strikes came from youtube. Copyright trolls do this, even when they don't own copyrights, and guys like this get screwed.

Well I guess they changed something because like I said I've had my Youtube account banned and my gmail was fine, I just couldn't use youtube.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Banned, or suspended? 

How long ago? Things definitely changed in the ways they moderate youtube.

Back in 2010. A number of years after, I guess whenever they changed the rules again, my account was reopened and all my videos were deleted, basically whole account wiped.