Update: Eurogamer and Jason Schreier confirm that Aspyr Media is remaking the original Knights of the Old Republic

Commissar SFLUFAN

Not sure I'd want an unproven developer tackling a project of these magnitude and importance. Remember when the team that had only done the multiplayer for Mass Effect 3 was assigned to do all of Mass Effect Andromeda? Look how that turned out. 

That being said, the idea of a Knights of the High Republic game that takes the ideas of KoToR, and is basically a modern reimagining of that series, and now canon (with hopefully real time combat) is an exciting one. I just hope the team that would do it is a good team, and could pull it off, like say the original BioWare, or Obsidian. 

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Im not sure I want a game developed by d1p.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1587494460
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Genital Jousting tells the story of "John", a penis who needs to find a date for his high school reunion. Genital Jousting is also an online and local multiplayer party game about flaccid penises and wiggly anuses for up to eight players at once.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eurogamer confirms that Aspyr is remaking the original Knights of the Old Republic

The unannounced Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake will be developed by renowned port studio Aspyr.

Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier revealed the detail while a guest on the MinnMax podcast. It follows earlier whispers of a KOTOR remake which have swirled for some time, and which also suggested the project wasn't being handled internally by EA or original studio BioWare.

Eurogamer has separately heard of Aspyr's involvement, and that while the developer is known for often releasing straight ports, work is currently underway to make the project more of a remake instead.

• Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Eurogamer and Jason Schreier confirm that Aspyr Media is remaking the original Knights of the Old Republic
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Eurogamer and Jason Schreier confirm that Aspyr Media is remaking the original Knights of the Old Republic
1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I just replayed the original. It doesn't really need a remake. The sequel needs a remaster adding in the cut story content mod and clean up some bugs and glitches. But maybe this will lead to a remaster of the second one (or remake I guess?).

If Aspyr is remaking it I'm sure it will be about as involved as their Stubbs the Zombie remake.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I just replayed the original. It doesn't really need a remake. The sequel needs a remaster adding in the cut story content mod and clean up some bugs and glitches. But maybe this will lead to a remaster of the second one (or remake I guess?).

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Hopefully that at least comes next.

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Hard disagree. 

The PC original version is a hot mess performance-wise, a lot of the systems and interface suck ass, odd production with weird camera angle choices and cutaways / voice acting, etc. 

31 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Hard disagree. 

The PC original version is a hot mess performance-wise, a lot of the systems and interface suck ass, odd production with weird camera angle choices and cutaways / voice acting, etc. 

I'm pretty sure the voice acting was well regarded at the time. :thinking:

39 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

may the time yeah. Today the alien languages specifically are a bit of a problem, because they only had a handful of recorded sound bites. So you’d hear the same “phrases” quite a lot. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Hard disagree. 

I played it three years ago on Steam and it looked and sounded and played great. I didn't run into one issue. But that was my playthrough, perhaps for others that sounds likely with an older game.

55 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

may the time yeah. Today the alien languages specifically are a bit of a problem, because they only had a handful of recorded sound bites. So you’d hear the same “phrases” quite a lot. 

This is true. It's really a small handful.

Well I think we are thinking on two different levels here. He wasn't talking about the quality of voice acting (as I was saying) but the PC version had an odd production choice with voice acting, which others say is because of a small selection of alien languages, which isn't a "problem" (I don't think it is that big of a problem) exclusive to the PC version.

My friends and I still quote that Twilek language all the time because it was so limited "Ashootah!" :p

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I think we are thinking on two different levels here. He wasn't talking about the quality of voice acting (as I was saying) but the PC version had an odd production choice with voice acting, which others say is because of a small selection of alien languages, which isn't a "problem" (I don't think it is that big of a problem) exclusive to the PC version.

My friends and I still quote that Twilek language all the time because it was so limited "Ashootah!" :p

This is unique to the PC version? I remember the same being true on consoles of limited alien language sound bites?

The human voices are pretty good, though they all have the same weird tone to them all, I don’t know how to explain it. But yeah I can hear the alien phrases in my head lol. 

I recently played through it as well and I just was surprised to find that someone could play through it and be like nope, this game is good to go, no remake needed.