~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

WWW.CNBC.COM

Intel is cutting costs and won't pay a dividend for the fourth quarter of this year following weak results and quarterly guidance.

WWW.CNBC.COM

Amazon reported earnings after the bell. Here are the results.

FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

Shares of Intel fell more than 10% on Thursday, as the company reported worse than anticipated earnings.

Chip giant Intel (INTC) reported its second quarter earnings after the bell on Thursday, missing on the top and bottom lines, and announcing a $10 billion cost reduction plan to cut 15% of its workforce and suspend dividend payments. 

Ouch. It could be a good turn around story if they can execute on the foundries. 

Update: Intel is now 15% down in after hours. That's after selling off during regular hours 5.5%.

They seem to be turning their nose at their recent processor defects that spanned a couple gens, but I wonder if a lawsuit doesn't show up and fuck them.  Or if the corporate laptop market may lose faith and switch to AMD.

13 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

They seem to be turning their nose at their recent processor defects that spanned a couple gens, but I wonder if a lawsuit doesn't show up and fuck them.  Or if the corporate laptop market may lose faith and switch to AMD.

Yeah it was handled very poorly, IMO. It looks like they're extending the warranty by two years on these two gens of CPUs, at least. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, finaljedi said:

They’re replacing any affected CPUs and extending warranties, an alleged fix is due out in a week or two. Outside of a recall I’m not sure what else they can do tbh

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

With all data pointing to a definite cooling of the economy, there is no doubt that the Fed will cut rates next month and probably should've done it this month.

The probability of a half point cut has certainly gone up too, but I think they will do a quarter point to seem predictable and unemotional to the market.

44 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

INTC is down 24% in pre-market trading (along with the rest of the market - it's going to be another brutal day).

I just did something insane. I bought some Intel at ~$21 a share! Fabs, IP, insanely good engineers, and a CEO is going to right the ship!  Long-term hold for me. Let's go team blue!

3 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I just did something insane. I bought some Intel at ~$21 a share! Fabs, IP, insanely good engineers, and a CEO is going to right the ship!  Long-term hold for me. Let's go team blue!

FWIW, as an employee of Intel, I do believe in Intel's strategy in the long term and I think we will ultimately rally, so I don't think it's all that insane. Moving to a foundry model is definitely needed, and having more robust supply chains by having chip production in the US is ultimately the right move. There were always going to be growing pains, but this has really accelerated the whole process. Morale around the office is really low today though. :/

• Hugs 2

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

FWIW, as an employee of Intel, I do believe in Intel's strategy in the long term and I think we will ultimately rally, so I don't think it's all that insane. Moving to a foundry model is definitely needed, and having more robust supply chains by having chip production in the US is ultimately the right move. There were always going to be growing pains, but this has really accelerated the whole process. Morale around the office is really low today though. :/

send me an i9

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I believe in Intel's strategy. I only meant insane to buy a stock that just dropped 27%. I'm trying to catch a falling knife. 

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I believe in Intel's strategy. I only meant insane to buy a stock that just dropped 27%. I'm trying to catch a falling knife. 

Buy the dip is never a bad strategy.

I dca every paycheck into vtsax then set aside more cash to buy dips like this

I will say I’m pretty pleased with the diversification with my new planner the bonds have actually so far been keeping things reasonably even that and just not having it all in tech ofc. Ofc most of my money is still just earning the free money while I can so that means it’s still nothing but gains here but still it’s showing me a nice balance for the future so far.

If I had listened to the old guy and didn’t fire him right before I left it would be a fucking bloodbath for me my goodness - I mean if you hold long enough everyone is always right but would have really ruined the vacay.