Democrats unveil legislation to increase minimum wage to $15...by 2025!

I've said for a long time we just need to set it to go up by a certain amount automatically January 1st of every year. Just every year it goes up 5% or whatever, I'll leave it to smarter people than me to figure out the exact number that would be reasonable but that's the way it should be so that way every few years we don't have this massive fight because it suddenly needs to double to keep up. 

Even if we manage to get this done, well just be fighting for it to be $20 an hour in like 2030. 

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Or realize that the threshold for applicability to the flsa is quite low and covers damn near every business out there so it's a needless and pointless point to make

51,000 Georgians is nothing to sneeze at.

meter-mostly-true.jpg
WWW.POLITIFACT.COM

Stacey Evans, a Democrat running to be Georgia’s next governor, claims workers are at an economic disadvantage in part b/> <meta name=

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

51,000 Georgians is nothing to sneeze at.

meter-mostly-true.jpg
WWW.POLITIFACT.COM

Stacey Evans, a Democrat running to be Georgia’s next governor, claims workers are at an economic disadvantage in part b/> <meta name=

That's 1% of the labor pool in Georgia. I rate the statement "damn near every business" as "True".

They deserve to be paid a living wage, and there should be more than mere intuition to state that we need to phase an increase in the minimum wage. It wasn't long ago that the intuition regarding the minimum wage increase, any increase, hurting employment was taken as gospel. Actual data showed that this was not the case.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's 1% of the labor pool in Georgia. I rate the statement "damn near every business" as "True".

They deserve to be paid a living wage, and there should be more than mere intuition to state that we need to phase an increase in the minimum wage. It wasn't long ago that the intuition regarding the minimum wage increase, any increase, hurting employment was taken as gospel. Actual data showed that this was not the case.

2.2%

3 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

The labor cost increase for small businesses would surely be offset (by how much?) by the increase in new customers who can now afford to spend more money?  Now time to find some data to back up this hypothesis.

not all small businesses are of a retail nature. Many only do business commercially. Businesses that do business with other businesses. 

we’ll have to see, but I wouldn’t be opposed to some kind of small business payroll subsidy to help some small businesses get to the federal minimum, but pay the entire $7.50 difference. But also highly means tested. None chain McDonald’s location or some other such place should qualify. Not should a an employer qualify if like the owner is pulling a 7 figure salary, while saying he can’t afford to pay his employees above $8 an hour. 

I dunno just throwing some ideas out there.