Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - update (09/25): sales were "softer than expected", Steam release announced for November 21

AbsolutSurgen

Anyways, I have been continuing to play the game. I dropped the resolution down to 1440p and stopped getting texture loading issues after about 2 hours of play or if I change planets. 

Akiva, a very pretty planet does seem to kill my PC at the ultra preset with RTX DI and Ray reconstruction though, even at 1440p. Not all the time, but there are times I drop from 120+ fps down to like 38 out of nowhere, and massive frame time spikes too. If it was an online multiplayer game it feel like getting a massive lag spike. Could be shaper compilation, but I am not sure as it has happened in places where I have already been. Like on Toshara it happens when out in the world. Though Toshara is far more open than Akiva. Maybe time of day has an impact due to the lighting. I definitely did not have this happen on Tatooine, and that could be because Tatooine is a barren rock. 

I have been playing the game more to try and get through the story. I am not in a rush as I allow myself to get distracted all the time. I like the bigger missions and I like the atmosphere of the worlds. Though the missions all seem to have a similar formula, which makes each feel less and less special at times. 

3 minutes ago, Best said:

He is older than you. I guess he started gaming much later in life. I started gaming in 1986. 

Bro I started with PONG. (I’m serious) on a black and white TV in my parents bedroom. Then Atari 2600. Had damn near every Atari and Activision game. Then the NES and SNES. After the Nintendo 64 I lost interest in gaming because drugs lol. I did play PS1 and PS2 games but not hard core. 

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Bro I started with PONG. (I’m serious) on a black and white TV in my parents bedroom. Then Atari 2600. Had damn near every Atari and Activision game. Then the NES and SNES. After the Nintendo 64 I lost interest in gaming because drugs lol. I did play PS1 and PS2 games but not hard core. 

That's awesome you've seen the very beginning of gaming to where we are now. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You missed some good Star Wars games. 

SW: The Empire Strikes Back was great for in its day on 2600.