Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - update (09/07): hotfix for early insta-fail stealth missions coming within "10 days" per creative director

AbsolutSurgen

The more I play the game the more I do not care for the way the faction system is handled in the game. I get what they are trying to do, but it is so illogically implemented that it takes me out of any immersion in top of feeling like there’s no such thing as a smart or wise decision. You’re always punished. 

30 minutes ago, legend said:

I've been waiting for some patches, but is the AI really as bad as this?

since “AAAA” was only used to describe skull and bones the video title comes across disingenuous at best and a malicious attempt to get people to hate the game and never try it to hurt Massive and Ubisoft at worst.  

13 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

since “AAAA” was only used to describe skull and bones the video title comes across disingenuous at best and a malicious attempt to get people to hate the game and never try it to hurt Massive and Ubisoft at worst.  

Sure but this wasn’t a faux think piece about why something sucks. It was just plain gameplay. So I’m wondering how often it plays like this. 

People are being overly critical of this game in the weirdest ways. There are certainly valid criticisms but the shit people are harping on is mind boggling to the point where I almost wonder if it was originally parody.

It’s a solid 8/10-8.5/10 game. Getting in on that big Ubi+ sub deal the other month was definitely the right choice as I’m glad I didn’t pay $70 for this game, but if you can get it for $40-45ish or less, I’d go for it.

• True 1

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I didn’t watch the video, but the AI is roughly the same as any Ubi open world game like Assassin’s Creed or Far Cry.

I feel like Far Cry is way better than what's in that video, but I hope what's shown in the video simply isn't common then!

3 minutes ago, Best said:

From the 6 hours I played of this. The review scores are dead on. 

It's a 75/100 type game in the Star Wars universe. 

So it’s a mid game that’s forgettable? Somebody said that before the game came out. Who was that genius?

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

So it’s a mid game that’s forgettable? Somebody said that before the game came out. Who was that genius?

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

75 isn't mid at all. It just means it's a solid game and when you add the Star Wars universe in it's a worth while game to buy. 

• Wrong 1

2 minutes ago, Best said:

75 isn't mid at all. It just means it's a solid game and when you add the Star Wars universe in it's a worth while game to buy. 

And you’ve played it a whopping 6 hours since launch! Must be great. 

I’ve seen some videos on the AI and some seem very cherry picked. The AI is a bit slow to respond and get aggressive, but once they do they light me up. I feel like giving you a second or two to react before the AI is a design decision so you can have that “Han shot first” kind of moment if caught. Further assisted by a skill that makes the character look a bit more like a wise cracking rogue. 

that person in the video seems quite upgraded. As AI can hear you moving behind them unless you are crouched without a skill upgrade. So again, misleading in an attempt to make the game look worse than is. Dishonest. 

Maybe the grass being a place you can be hidden is some weird engine quirk. I almost think the assassin’s creed engine would be a better fit for this type of game than the Division engine. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

I feel like Far Cry is way better than what's in that video, but I hope what's shown in the video simply isn't common then!

I have run into some dumb shit, like I was sneaking through an Imperial base and I got caught. I’m fighting my way through it, an alarm goes off, “MANHUNT” or whatever flashes in big bold letters across the screen, and then 5 seconds later everything resets for no apparent reason and the entire base is oblivious to me again. For a second I thought I had killed everyone, but there were still a dozen stormtroopers right there. 

I’ve also had a couple examples of your more typical open world jank, but the kind of things that make me laugh, not go “omg this game sux!!!”

• Thanks 1

i’ve been slowly playing this game. just a quick question. on the first open planet, is there some stuff i just can’t do because my character is too weak? i got a faction quest in that bar to go fuck up this place and it was a bitch and a half to try and do so i just left 

22 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I have run into some dumb shit, like I was sneaking through an Imperial base and I got caught. I’m fighting my way through it, an alarm goes off, “MANHUNT” or whatever flashes in big bold letters across the screen, and then 5 seconds later everything resets for no apparent reason and the entire base is oblivious to me again. For a second I thought I had killed everyone, but there were still a dozen stormtroopers right there. 

I’ve also had a couple examples of your more typical open world jank, but the kind of things that make me laugh, not go “omg this game sux!!!”

The “manhunt” level is basically the same as “wanted” in GTA and can make a deathtrooper who was chasing you down immediately stop and go “herp derp” just like SWAT in GTAV.

Been on the fence with this game and was thinking about subbing to Ubisoft Plus to try it (plus a couple of other games). Now that the dust has settled what are everyones thoughts? The last few open world Ubi games have started off fun for me and then I quickly lost interest and was just waiting for them to end (FC6, Valhalla, Avatar)... with the one exception being Immortals. Will this end up the same where I just don't care and am doing repeated tasks and getting bored with a map full of mostly hollow activities?

What are thoughts/recommendations? Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Been on the fence with this game and was thinking about subbing to Ubisoft Plus to try it (plus a couple of other games). Now that the dust has settled what are everyones thoughts? The last few open world Ubi games have started off fun for me and then I quickly lost interest and was just waiting for them to end (FC6, Valhalla, Avatar)... with the one exception being Immortals. Will this end up the same where I just don't care and am doing repeated tasks and getting bored with a map full of mostly hollow activities?

What are thoughts/recommendations? Thanks!

With most Ubi openworld games it's best to stick to the main missions UNLESS it's to upgrade a weapon/pouch/whatever or an ability as they do tend to be nonsense and burn you out. That being said, IMO, this is about a 8/10 game or so, I wouldn't pay full price and am glad I got in on the Ubi+ deal where a year was only $120-140 or something. If I were to actually buy this game, I think $40-ish or less is the best value.

• True 1