Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - update (09/07): hotfix for early insta-fail stealth missions coming within "10 days" per creative director

AbsolutSurgen

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Bro apparently the concept of relaxing on a couch and playing a game is too advanced for the humanoids on this board... Jesus Christ. 

Yeah there's this miraculous invention called "pillows". The ones for your head, not the ones people... snuggle... with.

3 minutes ago, Best said:

I didn't think a couch conversation was so serious. Yikes. 

yOu MuSt PlAy GaMeS LiKe Me

Angry Fire GIF by Gerbert!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Keyser_Soze THAT'S how you do it :lol:

Back on topic... the lockpicking mini-game in this is fucking dumb. As i said on discord, it's rhythm based but seems like it was programmed by people with no rhythm.

I agree. At first I was confused by how it worked because I thought I was timing it perfectly.

The best lockpicking system is from Elders Scrolls. Just recently played Dying Light 2 and they use the Elders Scrolls lockpicking method. 

Just now, Best said:

I agree. At first I was confused by how it worked because I thought I was timing it perfectly.

Dude I'm just going to turn it off. I was having a good time playing the game last night until I got to a part of a mission I was doing where I had to lock pick a door and after ten minutes of trying I got frustrated and turned it off. Goofy idea for a mini-game and the difficulty ramps up waaay too quickly to be this early in the game. If I was a game reviewer I'd seriously dock the game a point or two for this shit alone.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

From what I heard about it being discussed and from what I remember there is no rhythm involved you just push the light when two lights light up.

The game literally tells you in the help menu to time the button presses to the beat. It even has an icon of an ear. You can adjust the difficulty or turn on a visual aid, but the way it's implemented by default is weird.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The game literally tells you in the help menu to time the button presses to the beat. It even has an icon of an ear. You can adjust the difficulty or turn on a visual aid, but the way it's implemented by default is weird.

Ah. Well I was listening to the bombcast and they talked about it. I guess one person was doing it completely wrong while everyone else said it was super easy. I was only half paying attention though so I didn't know if what I said lined up with what they said exactly.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's been working for you? And I agree it's the dumbest lockpicking system I've ever seen in a game. 

It has because it doesn’t seem to care about misclicks. I can click 50 times and as long as 2 of those clicks line up, it works. It’s dumb. You said you can turn it off?

Just now, Brian said:

It has because it doesn’t seem to care about misclicks. I can click 50 times and as long as 2 of those clicks line up, it works. It’s dumb. You said you can turn it off?

Don't know where you are in the game, but I'm at a part that requires four precise clicks. I get three of them but can't get the timing on the fourth so it doesn't work. Apparently there will be longer sequences later in the game. I'm not that far btw.

32 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Is the lockpicking worse than Kingdom Deliverance, because that's easily the undefeated champ of shitty lockpicking system. 

No. Kingdom Deliverance takes the cake as the worst lockpicking mechanic in gaming history. 

• Shocked 1
  • True 1

So I went back and gave the part I was stuck on ONE more try and got it after a couple of attempts. So lockpicking can stay... for now. I know you guys who are playing aren;t that far in the game yet but do you have any idea which faction you're going to try and stay in good with? So far I'm sticking with Crimson Dawn because I know what they're about because of the comics and they're not ENTIRELY bad. The Hutts and Pykes don't like me too much right now.

13 minutes ago, Best said:

No. Kingdom Deliverance takes the cake as the worst lockpicking mechanic in gaming history. 

I never played it... it's that bad???

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So I went back and gave the part I was stuck on ONE more try and got it after a couple of attempts. So lockpicking can stay... for now. I know you guys who are playing aren;t that far in the game yet but do you have any idea which faction you're going to try and stay in good with? So far I'm sticking with Crimson Dawn because I know what they're about because of the comics and they're not ENTIRELY bad. The Hutts and Pykes don't like me too much right now.

PC you can make it bearable but on console it’s shit. I never once succeeded at picking a single lock.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I raged quit because of it and never touched the game again. 

Here is somebody else's opinion:

"Lockpicking is literally the worst I could have infinite lockpicks and all the time in the universe and I still wouldn't be able to open a very easy chest". 

Lol it's comically bad. 

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

If you want to play at 4k/Ultra, they don't recommend anything less than a 4090.  Seems to really prefer Nvidia GPUs, but it does scale down well if you turn down settings.

Some graphical bugs noticed, so waiting for a patch or 2 might be worth it.  Though the PC version (see previous video) seems to be cleanest version. It will be iInteresting to see Alex's (from DF) breakdown.  I've seen anecdotes that the Ray Tracing makes a big visual difference in this game, so its a shame that only a handful of GPUs can really showcase this game.

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You guys talking about couches but I'm gonna blow your mind. If I play on console I find that I stand up and walk around more than I sit down. :o

I walk around the whole house when I brush my teeth...

• Halal 1