Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5) - update (09/07): hotfix for early insta-fail stealth missions coming within "10 days" per creative director

AbsolutSurgen

Just now, Spork3245 said:

No, it’s not bizarre: most games don’t scale memory usage in this way, however, this is part of TechPowerUp’s standard analysis of a new games performance.

When they don't scale, it's useful info.  Because you can tell if those settings will fit in the VRAM on your graphics card.  Or, is there another reason to show it?

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

When they don't scale, it's useful info.  Because you can tell if those settings will fit in the VRAM on your graphics card.  Or, is there another reason to show it?

They didn’t know it scaled memory usage until after testing. This is quite literally the only game I know of that scales memory usage in this way. That’s why they were surprised by how much VRAM was being used, yet seeing no performance difference between an 8 and 16gb 4060.

47 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I said a long time ago the game would be mid, forgettable, nothing special, and on sale. 

moving star wars GIF

I didn't have a proper opinion on this to agree with you. Tomorrow I'll have a better idea. 

• Halal 1

Just now, Biggie said:

How much were you able to play?

I got past the epilogue which is like over an hour long. I'll be honest I'm not enjoying playing games on consoles now that my deck spoiled me. I can play games much longer laying down in my bed on the deck. 

I was finding it uncomfortable sitting in a chair playing PS5 today. But I'm going to continue the game tomorrow morning.

I'm playing a few games on the deck that is taking a lot of my time. But so far Outlaws is definitely interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Best said:

I got past the epilogue which is like over an hour long. I'll be honest I'm not enjoying playing games on consoles now that my deck spoiled me. I can play games much longer laying down in my bed on the deck. 

I was finding it uncomfortable sitting in a chair playing PS5 today. But I'm going to continue the game tomorrow morning.

I'm playing a few games on the deck that is taking a lot of my time. But so far Outlaws is definitely interesting. 

May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars

• True 1

Played another hour tonight. Did the next couple of story missions and went out into the open world. There's plenty of random events and encounters... I wonder how varied they are. There's also a rather strange... "eating mini-game". I don't really get the point of it, but it's there. Really diggin "living in Star Wars." I thought I was recording this session but I wasn't weirdly enough.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Have you played anymore?

No. I played Cyberpunk and Star Wars Jedi Fallen for over 4 hours. I'm just not in the mood to sit and play my PS5. It's unfortunate really. The deck has completely spoiled me. I'll definitely get back to it. But from what I played it didn't necessarily have me wanting to jump back in. 

53 minutes ago, Best said:

No. I played Cyberpunk and Star Wars Jedi Fallen for over 4 hours. I'm just not in the mood to sit and play my PS5. It's unfortunate really. The deck has completely spoiled me. I'll definitely get back to it. But from what I played it didn't necessarily have me wanting to jump back in. 

Wow.  After playing on my Deck, I can't wait to get back to my desktop.

Amazing how we all have different preferences.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Wow.  After playing on my Deck, I can't wait to get back to my desktop.

Amazing how we all have different preferences.

Yes and I even game on a 65" OLED. I just get so comfortable laying in bed playing the deck. On console the most I can play at a time is 2 hours. On my deck, I can easily play 4+ hours. 

Since I am on vacation, I was playing it on my laptop, but I really don’t like sitting on a chair during vacation. It starts to feel like work to me. Luckily I got the ROG Ally and it runs well and looks ok.  

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Since I am on vacation, I was playing it on my laptop, but I really don’t like sitting on a chair during vacation. It starts to feel like work to me. Luckily I got the ROG Ally and it runs well and looks ok.  

You're lucky because it's unplayable on the deck. 

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I lay on my couch and play on my 65 Oled. If I had to sit at a desk and game I probably wouldn't game as much.

So are you looking at the screen kinda cockeyed?

23 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I find it really hard to aim with a mouse while I'm laying down. 

There's this marvelous invention called "controllers" they've been around since the 70's. Great for gaming... you should try one.

8 minutes ago, Best said:

So are you looking at the screen kinda cockeyed?

Ummm no? You guys are weird.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ummm no? You guys are weird.

How is it weird to ask that question? If you're laying on a couch on your side I don't see how you wouldn't be at a bad angle playing.

With all of my various minor issues, I can really only comfortably play games while sitting straight up (either couch or desk chair), controller in lap, looking at a screen directly in front of me. That’s a big reason why I ended up returning my Deck, handhelds just aren’t for me any more. 

2 minutes ago, Best said:

How is it weird to ask that question? If you're laying on a couch on your side I don't see how you wouldn't be at a bad angle playing.

You really can't see a way to lay on the couch and not have bad angle while playing a game? I mean I'm laying on the couch, watching TV and typing this right now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You really can't see a way to lay on the couch and not have bad angle while playing a game? I mean I'm laying on the couch, watching TV and typing this right now. 

I got ya. I have a different couch experience because I'd lay down on mine everyday after work to watch movies and couldn't get a great angle. But I'm an idiot.

15 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Too many people acting like there's no solution to use a KB & Mouse on a couch and play PC games on your TV in here

Bro apparently the concept of relaxing on a couch and playing a game is too advanced for the humanoids on this board... Jesus Christ. 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't think anyone is laying flat while playing a game and their head/shoulders are likely at least somewhat up... so.... yes? 

Yeah there's this miraculous invention called "pillows". The ones for your head, not the ones people... snuggle... with.